Carlo Cattaneo University-LIUC is inviting Italian and non-Italian students to apply for three year PhD Scholarships. These scholarships are available in management, finance and accounting for 2018-2019 academic year.
The aim of the scholarship is to prepare students primarily research-oriented careers in academia, but also for multinational companies, public and private organizations, financial institutions, so that they can interpret business phenomena in an integrated way.
The university main objective of the university is to provide high quality, comprehensive educational and training opportunities that are compatible to changing needs of the students.
The candidate should have a very good command of the English language.
- Application Deadline: May 30, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are offered for pursuing PhD programme at the Carlo Cattaneo University.
- Study Subject: The Program, refers to the following macro-sectors: Manufacturing engineering, Plant engineering and Management, Business administration, and, in more detail Industrial Plant Engineering, Economic-Management Engineering, Business Economics, Corporate Organisation, Economics of Financial Intermediaries.
- Scholarship Award: There current amount of the scholarship is € 15,343.28 yearly, before social security and health insurance contributions, to be paid by the recipient. Extra financial assistance will be provided for the research activities abroad.
- Scholarship can be taken in Italy and abroad
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Italian and non-Italian students can apply for these PhD positions.
- Entrance Requirements:
Applications are received from candidates who hold a LaureaMagistrale or equivalent foreign academic degree (Master of Arts, Master of Sciences), or who expects to achieve such a qualification by October 31 2018 in the following areas: economics, management, finance, industrial engineering, public administrations. Applications from candidates holding degrees in areas other than those listed above, but whose education and experience demonstrate knowledge of the subjects of the Program will be considered and assessed by the Admission Panel.
Candidates holding degrees granted by non EU academic institutions which have not yet been declared equivalent to the corresponding Italian degree must submit, as part of their applications, a written request for a declaration of this equivalence solely for the purpose of admission to the PhD Program and must provide the necessary documentation for the Panel to be able to assess the equivalence.
Candidates are selected on the basis of their documented qualifications and in accordance to the following three criteria:
Basic knowledge and expertise on the Program’s subjects;
Aptitude for scientific research;
Knowledge of English.
- English Language Requirements: Fluent level of English is required. It can be also assessed during the oral exam. The oral exam will be held at the University or remotely via the web (Skype).
To apply for admission, the student should:
- Connect to the LIUC site;
- Register by entering the required general, personal information and contact details, pledging to communicate any change;
- Fill in the application by entering the required information;
- Degree obtained (or expected), with indication of grade or score (the average of the exams already taken in the event of expectation), date and the University of achievement;
- Attach by uploading onto the site the following documents (* = mandatory, only in PDF format):
- Copy (both sides), signed, of a valid personal identity document (*)
- Copy (both sides) of personal tax code (if available)
- Curriculum vitae, in Italian or English (*)
- Two reference letters, in Italian or English (*)
- International test score (GMAT, GRE, or other equivalent internationally recognized test), with proof of the score, if performed
- Internationally recognized language certifications, with proof of the score, if achieved
- List of its publications of academic/scientific relevance, if applicable, and/or any other titles, qualifications or information useful to assess the candidate’s aptitude for research
- Self-certification of achievement of degree with proof of the score of exams, credits and related scientific areas (if available);
- Download and fill in the application form, self-certificating all of the regulations written in the call for applications;
- Sign and send back by electronic communication the Application (without attachments) to the certified email address: ufficio.dottorati-at-pec.liuc.it, before the deadline of May 30, 2018 at 17:00 local time.
- All documents must be presented in Italian or English.
How to Apply:
Eligible applicants should complete an online scholarship application.