The Cass Business School is delighted to offer up to 15 PhD scholarships in Accounting, Actuarial Science, Finance, Management, Marketing and Operation Management. International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The programme is designed to be flexible, to enable busy executives to undertake a PhD, without having to take a career break. It is designed for senior executives working in industry, government or not-for-profit sectors who want a qualification that is highly practical and relevant to their organization.
Each year, Cass Business School, City University London and generous donors create opportunities for students to fully fund or partly funds their studies. University offers high quality, challenging courses to applicants who demonstrate the preparation and potential to succeed.
All applicants are required to demonstrate that their ability to understand and express themselves in both written and spoken English is sufficient for them to be able to benefit from and participate fully in their degree.
- Application Deadline: February 28, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the following subjects:
- Accounting, Actuarial Science, Finance, Management, Marketing and Operation Management.
- Scholarship Award: The Business School is offering 15 PhD studentships comprising tuition fees and the maintenance grant of £16,057 per annum for four years, starting in October 2018. Studentships also offer to fund for conference attendance throughout the four year period.
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Scholarships: Up to 15 studentships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible you must hold a first degree with top grades (a first or equivalent) in a subject related to your proposed research topic. The following qualifications are highly desirable, and would enhance your likelihood of being accepted:
- A masters degree from a leading institution with a top grade (distinction or equivalent)
- A top GMAT score (700 or more) if you do not have UK and EU degree
English Language Requirements: For students whose first language is not English, the following qualifications will normally meet the English language requirement for entry to a postgraduate course of study and to apply for a Tier 4 visa:
- A first degree from a UK university or from the CNAA
- A first degree from an overseas institution recognized by the Institution as providing adequate evidence of proficiency in the English language, for example, from institutions in Australia, Canada or the USA
- GCE O-level/GCSE English language or English literature, grade C minimum
- Cambridge ESOL CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English) at grade C or above
- An overall minimum score of 8.0 in the English Language Testing System (IELTS) in all 4 areas (IELTS scores are only valid if they are less than two years old on the programme start date)
How to Apply: The following items (in electronic format) are compulsory for your application:
- Research proposal and 400-word non-technical summary
- Your CV/Resume including a passport photograph
- Names and e-mails of 2 academic referees
- Your personal details, including a contact email
- Official transcripts for your Bachelor and or Masters Degree
- Official transcript of proficiency in English, if English is not your first language.
The following items should be supplied if available:
- Transcripts or provisional results of your Master’s degree(s)
- Professional qualifications
- Employment history.
The following item is optional and if you have this is recommended to upload:
- Transcript of GMAT scores.
A confirmation email will be sent to you on successful submission of your application.