PhD Stipend in Bioinformatics, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Open Ph.D. position in bioinformatics, with start March 1st, 2011 at University of Copenhagen
Study Subject:Life Sciences
Employer:University of Copenhagen
Scholarship Description: Within recent years, it has become evident that non-coding RNAs (ncRNAs) play numerous important roles in the cell. Many ncRNAs contain a characteristic RNA structure, a hallmark that (albeit often at a high computational cost) can be exploited by in silico screens. These screens are in essence based on a search for RNA secondary structures. The goals of the Ph.D. project is to design methods to conduct in particular local structural alignments of RNA structures to be exploited for structure search in genomic sequence as well as structural clustering of the RNAs.The project will be carried out in collaboration with people in the Center for non-coding RNA in Technology and Health.
The applicant should hold professional as well as personal skills and qualifications as stated below:
* A master degree in Bioinformatics, computational biology, biology or similar.
* Basic knowledge of biological sequences.
* Experience with algorithm development.
* Experience with Perl or Python (or similar)
* Experience with one (or more) of C, C++ or Java.
* It is an advantage (but not a requirement) to have general knowledge about RNA structure and folding, RNA gene search algorithms and algorithms for structural alignment or RNAs.
* The Ph.D. candidate should also possess good interpersonal skills.
Scholarship Application Deadline: February 1st, 2011
Important: Scholarship-Positions.com is not responsible for the content of any external websites linked to or referenced on this site.
- Africa Scholarships
- Australia Scholarships
- Austria Scholarships
- Belgium Scholarships
- Canada Scholarships
- China Scholarships
- Denmark Scholarships
- France Scholarships
- Germany Scholarships
- Germany Postdoctoral
- India Scholarships
- Iran Scholarships
- Italy Scholarships
- Japan Scholarships
- New Zealand
Take a leap in to successful career by taking free online courses from world's top colleges and universities.