Job Description: As PhD student you are part of a larger research team mainly working with applied research in the area of Advanced Production Systems. Your focus project, COMPLEX, deals with ways to reduce complexity in future assembly systems for automotive and consumer products. In addition to the Chalmers research group, you will work closely to research institutes, industry, and universities in Sweden and Belgium. Together, we will establish methods and create technology to deal with information flow, levels of automation, and complex work situations. An important part of the work will be to develop mobile communication solutions for operators and maintenance personnel, based on iOS and Android device platforms. You will work with support tools, models, and standards to increase the cognitive automation in the production operator work situation.
* The applicant should hold a recent M.Sc. degree related to production systems, automation, or similar. (Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, and similar)
* Good analytical skills and ability to work independently towards set research goals.
* High social skills, ability to create networks, and ambition to take on responsibility.
* High proficiency in English. The project will include interviewing situations which also require proficiency in Swedish
* Additional desired applicant skills: Programming (e.g. xml, iOS, and Android), database management (SQL), visualization, human factors engineering, and mobile communication.