Department of Computer Engineering, the Wireless Communication and Networking Lab (WHYNET LAB) at Chosun University is offering PhD/MS research assistantship in Korea. International applicants may apply for this PhD/MS research assistantship.
Chosun University is seeking for skillful, hardworking and highly motivated candidates with good academic credentials to join dynamic international team as PhD/MS students within the area of next-generation communications and networking technologies.
Chosun University, one of the top 15 universities in the nation, has built sister relations with several outstanding foreign universities. Chosun is using the knowledge and experience gained over the past 69 year to move forward towards a better, brighter future.
Applicants require TOEFL (iBT 80/ CBT 213 or higher) or IELTS (6.5 or above).
Course Level: This assistantship is for pursuing PhD/MS research degree programme at Chosun University, Korea.
Study Subject(s): Positions are available within the area of next-generation communications and networking technologies at the Wireless Communication and Networking Lab (WHYNET LAB).
List of Subjects: The MS/PhD positions are targeted at the following topics:
- Access control and resource allocation schemes in wireless communications systems
- Low power communication protocols for body area sensor networks
- Radio Frequency Identification Systems
- Packet based network synchronization techniques
- Smart grid communication and application
- Internet of Things IoT
Scholarship Award: Expected benefits for the successful candidates
- Support all kinds of registration fees (admission fee + tuition fee)
- Support living cost of 650,000 KRW per month for MS and 1,000,000 KRW per month for PhD for the entire course duration
- Incentive will be provided for all research accomplishments with outstanding publications
Scholarship can be taken in Korea
Eligibility: Profile of ideal candidates:
-M. S (for PhD applicants)/ B. S (for MS applicants) in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Communication Engineering
-TOEFL (iBT 80/ CBT 213 or higher) or IELTS (6.5 or above)
– Must have superior CGPA
-Good programming and mathematical skills
-Good ability to cooperate with others in a multicultural environment
-Good ability for highly motivated independent research
Nationality: International applicants may apply for this PhD/MS research assistantship in Korea.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: M. S (for PhD applicants)/ B. S (for MS applicants) in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Communication Engineering
English Language Requirement: Applicants require TOEFL (iBT 80/ CBT 213 or higher) or IELTS (6.5 or above).
How to Apply: The mode of applying is electronically. Interested applicants should send the following to Prof. Seokjoo Shin (sjshin-at-chosun.ac.kr ):
- Study plan clearly stating the research topics you are interested in. We would like to know your research interests and their relation to the WHYNET LAB’s research focus
- Copies of academic transcripts and graduation certificates
- Brief summary of most recent thesis/paper and the status (e.g. accepted, in progress, submitted etc.)
- Proof of English proficiency
- Curriculum Vitae (to include names, date of birth, nationality, contact details, education, work experience, publications etc.)
Application Deadline: Contact Employer