A 2-year postdoctoral position is available in the research group of Dr. Irep Gözen at the Centre for Molecular Medicine Norway (NCMM); Department of Medicine, University of Oslo.
The project is aimed at the manipulation and characterization of surface-adhered biological membranes to understand the material-driven aspects of cellular processes
The University of Oslo is the oldest, largest and most prestigious university in Norway, located in the Norwegian capital of Oslo. UiO attracts students and researchers from all over the world.
A good command of English is required for all students attending the University of Oslo. International students; Ph.D. research fellows and post-doctoral research fellows who are not native speakers of English, must document their proficiency in English by taking one of the following internationally recognised tests.
Course Level: Fellowship is available for pursuing postdoctoral research programme.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded within the Biophysical Chemistry at the University of Oslo in Norway.
Number of Awards: Not Known
Scholarship Award: The postdoctoral position will be placed as SKO 1352 (position code) postdoctoral research fellow with salary NOK 486 100 – 567 100 per year – depending on qualifications.
Scholarship can be taken in Norway
- Completed PhD degree in biophysics, biophysical chemistry or material science
- Experience with biological samples/cell culturing
- Practical knowledge of microfabrication procedures/clean room experience
- Working knowledge of image analysis (Matlab, Python or similar) Preferably: successfully completed programming education during undergraduate studies
- Practical knowledge of optics is an advantage
- Ability to independently perform experiments, analyze and interpret the results
- Documented ability to write scientific manuscripts, first author papers from PhD studies (multiple is advantageous)
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- Advanced level English in reading, writing and speaking
Nationality: Norwegian and foreign applicants can apply for this fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Completed PhD degree in biophysics, biophysical chemistry or material science
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: A good command of English is required for all students attending the University of Oslo. International students; Ph.D. research fellows and post-doctoral research fellows who are not native speakers of English, must document their proficiency in English by taking one of the following internationally recognised tests
- TOEFL– Test of English as a Foreign Language
- IELTS– International English Language Testing Service
- Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) and Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) from the University of Cambridge
- Applicants to the programme for the Ph.D. degree in Science must obtain a minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based) or 80 (internet-based) on the TOEFL test or a minimum score of 6.5 on the IELTS (academic) test. The same applies to applicants for postdoctoral research fellow positions.
How to Apply: Applications must be delivered in our electronic recruiting system EasyCruit from the link on the bottom of the page. Applications sent by email will not be accepted. The application must include:
- Cover Letter (stating motivation for working in the group, max. 1 page)
- A summary of candidate’s own soft matter research ideas (max. 2 pages)
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work and method competence max. 2 pages)
- Copies of educational certificates (Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system)
- A complete list of scientific publications: Articles, Reviews, Book chapters, Conference Proceedings, Presentations
- List of references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
- Optional: Letters of recommendation
In accordance with the University of Oslo’s equal opportunities policy, we invite applications from all interested individuals regardless of gender or ethnicity.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is March 20, 2017.