University of Bergen (UiB) is offering postdoctoral fellowship in Biophysics of Cell Motility to study in Norway. International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
The main goals of the positions are to qualify the successful candidate for professional top positions.
The University of Bergen (UiB) is an internationally recognised research university with more than 14,000 students and close to 3,500 employees at six faculties. The university is located in the heart of Bergen. Our main contribution to society is excellent basic research and education across a wide range of disciplines.
Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue postdoctoral programme.
Study Subject: Fellowship is available to pursue Biophysics of Cell Motility.
Scholarship Award: Fellowship offers:
- A good and challenging work environment in research front of protein structural biology and cell biology.
- Salary level 57 (code 1352/pay framework 24.1), with a degree in Medicine or Dentistry level 59 (code 1352/pay framework 24.3), with a medical specialization level 61 (code 1352/pay framework 24.5) on the government salary scale. Further promotion will be after service seniority in the position. A pension contribute of 2 % will be deducted and deposited to the state pension scheme.
- A good pension scheme in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- An inclusive workplace (IA-enterprise)
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Norway
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- The candidate must hold a PhD degree in biophysics, biochemistry, or a related discipline, or have submitted their doctoral dissertation for evaluation within the closing date of the application. It is a condition for appointment that the dissertation is approved.
- The applicant must have a track record of high-quality scientific publishing.
- The successful applicant must have experience in biophysical characterization of proteins and have practical experience in at least two of the following: fluorescence (in particular TIRF/STED), electron, or atomic force microscopy.
- Hands-on experience in the production of recombinant proteins/protein complexes for structural biology applications is an advantage.
- Experience in structural biology methods, in particular X-ray crystallography, SAXS, and/or cryo-EM is an advantage.
- The candidate should be proficient in spoken and written English.
- Personal skills will be emphasized. The candidate should be able to work independently and interactively in a team setting, be motivated and responsible, and have a high work capacity and show strong commitment and enthusiasm for research.
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: The candidate must hold a PhD degree in biophysics, biochemistry, or a related discipline, or have submitted their doctoral dissertation for evaluation within the closing date of the application.
English language Requirements: The candidate should be proficient in spoken and written English.
How to Apply: Please send your application with attachments electronically via JobbNorge by clicking on the button marked “Apply for this job”.
The application must contain:
- a brief letter of application stating your motivation and qualifications for the position and why you are applying
- an overview of your education and work experience (CV)
- witnessed copies of diplomas and relevant certificates (applicants with education from other countries than Norway must enclose witnessed diplomas in both the original language and authorized translations)
- complete list of publications
- names and contact information of 2-3 referees
Application Deadline: Fellowship application deadline is March 31, 2017.