Postdoctoral Fellowship in Remote Sensing and GIS, Cotonou
Fellowship for International Postdoctoral applicants at Africa Rice Center in Cotonou, Benin
Study Subject:Remote Sensing and GIS
Employer: Africa Rice Center
Scholarship Description: The Post?Doctoral Fellow will be based at the temporary headquarters of Africa Rice in Cotonou, Benin and will work under the supervision of the Program 2 Leader. She or he will be responsible for:
- Evaluating and applying methodologies for mapping the distribution of rice in different
ecosystems in Africa using remote sensing, GIS and national statistics;
- The development, validation and application of innovative approaches to map abiotic and biotic stress distribution in rice production systems in Africa;
- Performing spatial analysis in a GIS environment to identify suitable areas for adoption of stress?tolerant varieties by combining remote sensing obtained maps and survey data;
-Prepare presentations and publish research results in peer?reviewed journals.
- Developing research proposals, and
- Undertaking any other duties as requested by the Program 2 Leader.
Scholarship Application Deadline: 15 February 2011 or until the position is filled.
Important: Scholarship-Positions.com is not responsible for the content of any external websites linked to or referenced on this site.
- Africa Scholarships
- Australia Scholarships
- Austria Scholarships
- Belgium Scholarships
- Canada Scholarships
- China Scholarships
- Denmark Scholarships
- France Scholarships
- Germany Scholarships
- Germany Postdoctoral
- India Scholarships
- Iran Scholarships
- Italy Scholarships
- Japan Scholarships
- New Zealand
Take a leap in to successful career by taking free online courses from world's top colleges and universities.