Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) is pleased to offer the postdoctoral fellowship in Political Science for the year 2017. International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
The position as a Postdoctoral Fellow is a fixed-term position with the primary goal of qualifying for work in professional academic chair positions. The position period may vary from two to four years but is normally two years. Employment over two years can require work obligation.
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) creates knowledge for a better world and solutions that can change everyday life.
Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue postdoctoral programme.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of Political Science.
Scholarship Award: The Postdoctoral Fellow is paid according to salary scale 24 level 57 in the national salary scheme, gross NOK 40 475 per month, of which 2 % is deducted for the State Pension Scheme.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Norway
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Personal qualifications will be ascribed high importance in the selection process. The requirement for the position is a completed Norwegian PhD in a relevant field, a completed foreign PhD approved as equivalent to a Norwegian PhD in a relevant field, or competence to an equivalent level documented with scientific work of the same extent and quality.
- It is mandatory that the candidate can document a strong background especially in qualitative research methods, experience with various types of empirical data gathering, the ability to work in international teams of researchers in a dynamic and demanding project setting, as well as the ability to write, publish and present scientific papers and reports at an international level. Fluency in English (written and spoken) is required. In addition, project management skills and the ability to handle complex organizational tasks in research projects is obligatory for the position.
- Documented experience with research on the EU and on energy issues will be considered positively in the selection process. Some of the work will require dealing with actors in Norway, thus applicants with fluency in Norwegian (written and spoken) will be looked favourably upon.
- Employment will be activated in accordance to existing regulations of 31.01.2006 with NTNUs supplementary purviews of 17.06.2009.
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
English Language Requirements: Applicants who do not master a Scandinavian language must provide evidence of good English language skills, written and spoken. The following tests can be used as such documentation: TOEFL, IELTS and Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) or Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE).
Minimum scores are:
- TOEFL: 600 (paper-based test), 92 (Internet-based test)
- IELTS: 6.5, with no section lower than 5.5 (only Academic IELTS test accepted)
- CAE/CPE: Grade B or A
How to Apply: The mode application is online.
- Applications should include:
- A publication list.
- Relevant samples of publications (no more than five).
- A project description.
- A CV with information on education, previous research experience, together with authorised documentation of certificates and study records. Fluent English skills are required.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is June 21, 2017.