The University of Lorraine is pleased to announce the availability of the postdoctoral position in France. The position is available for French applicants in the field of Human and Social Sciences.
The purpose of this post-doctoral project is to combine the first-rank expertise in nanoscience and human sciences that are present in Nancy in order to develop high-profile research about the epistemological questions raised by nanoscience.
The University of Lorraine often abbreviated in UL, is a grand establishment created on 1 January 2012 by the merger of Henri Poincaré.
Course Level: The position is available to pursue postdoctoral programme.
Study Subject: The position is awarded in Human and Social Sciences.
Scholarship Award: The position will cover the followings:
- The post-doctoral researcher will present her/his work regularly to the members of the project and will participate in the activities (seminars, workshops, etc.) organized to promote this project (in particular those that are related to the human and social part of the IMPACT project).
- She/he is also expected to contribute to the writing of applications for local, national or international grants in order to stimulate the development in Lorraine of researchers about nanoscience (and possibly to obtain an extension of the post-doctoral position).
- She/he will also organize a workshop (to be held in 2018) concerning insights brought about by human and social sciences about issues related to the rise of nanotechnologies and nanosciences.
- The Postdoctoral is expected to present her/his research at international conferences and to publish them in international peer-reviewed journals.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in France
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the position:
- The candidates will have a PhD and demonstrable competence in a field of the Human and Social Sciences that is clearly relevant for the pursued research.
- The postdoctoral candidate is expected to have contributions in peer-reviewed journals and to show a strong research profile in a relevant field of research.
- The possession of a degree in Science (in addition to a PhD in a relevant field of the Human and Social Sciences) will be considered as a significant advantage.
Nationality: French applicants can apply for the position.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be PhD.
English Language Requirement: The candidate must be able to communicate and work easily in English. Ability to communicate and interact in French is welcome but not mandatory.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email.
- Applications should be sent to Cyrille Imbert ([email protected]) and Joëlle Lighezzolo (joelle.lighezzolo-at-univ-lorraine.fr).
- They should include a detailed CV including a list and summary of publications, a description of planned research (500-1000 words), and a cover letter.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is July 20, 2017.