The Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies (MPIfG) offers up to three postdoctoral positions starting on October 1, 2018.
MPIfG aims to develop an empirically based theory of the social and political foundations of modern economies by investigating the interrelation between economic, social, and political action.
The Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies is a German social-science research institute within the Max Planck Society located in Cologne.
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2018
Course Level: Positions are available for pursuing postdoctoral programme.
Study Subject: The MPIfG conducts basic research on the governance of modern societies.
Scholarship Award: MPIfG offers a two-year employment contract with pay and benefits according to the German Public Service Wage Agreement (TVöD E 13). You will reside in the Cologne area, and you’ll be provided with an office at the MPIfG and actively participate in the intellectual life of the Institute.
Number of Scholarships: The Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies (MPIfG) offers up to three postdoctoral positions starting on October 1, 2018.
Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: The Max Planck Society is committed to improving the opportunities for women in science and explicitly encourages women to apply. They support our employees in achieving work and family life balance. They are also committed to employing more individuals with disabilities and encourage such applicants to apply.
English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
- Start compiling your documents early. You will need a fair amount of time to get all the information together, and your referees need to have time to write their letters.
- Find referees. You will need to ask two referees to write letters of recommendation for you. You have to name them in your Application and Registration form, so you must first ensure that they are willing to provide the recommendation. When you have submitted your Application and Registration form, the referees will receive an automatic e-mail linking them to the Letter of Recommendation form. It is your responsibility to contact your referees and make sure they submit the form in due time.
- Copy your data: Since the system does not enable you to save this form with your data in it, and the completed form will not be sent back to you, copy it (with copy and paste into Word, for example) and save it for your records before submitting it.
- A note for Firefox users: If you use the Firefox browser, you may encounter a security warning when you open the Application Form. Please ignore it and use the “add exception” link in the Firefox security warning form to trust the page. The Postdoctoral Position website certificate is valid and secure.
- Registration Forms. The Application Form – including your contact information, educational background, and your preferred research cluster at the MPIfG – is also the form with which you register to take part in the whole online application procedure. When we have received your application form, you will get a confirmation e-mail.
- Look out for the confirmation e-mail with your registration code. Your spam filter might remove the confirmation e-mail, so check your spam folder if you do not receive the confirmation e-mail within an hour.
- Upload your supplementary application materials, including a cover letter, CV, project proposal (5–7 pages), and transcripts.
How to Apply:
Submit your application for a position in the MPIfG Postdoctoral Program online. Since your registration as an applicant and your application form are submitted in one document, it is essential that you read this entire section carefully.