The Wits Institute for Social and Economic Research is looking excellent applicants for its Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in the Medical Humanities. The fellowship is available for South African applicants.
The aim of the fellowship is to give an opportunity to able researchers.
Wits Institute for Social and Economic Research (WISER) has over the last ten years established itself as the leading South African interdisciplinary research institute in the Humanities and Social Sciences, promoting local and international debate on the complexities of change in South Africa and Africa.
Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue postdoctoral programme.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of Medical Humanities.
- Fellows will work within the Institute, and be expected to work closely with research staff, and to participate fully in the intellectual life of the Institute. Fellows will receive funding for two years; the package for the first year will be R250 000 and include funds for research expenses and a living allowance. Some assistance with conference funding may also be available.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility: South African applicants are eligible for the fellowship.
Nationality: South African applicants can apply for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous year degree.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email.
- A detailed covering letter explaining clearly and carefully your interest in this project specifically.
- A recent publication or piece of written work, drawing on your past research.
- A detailed and up to date CV, which shows clearly your undergraduate and postgraduate degrees and component courses of study.
- Names and contact details (including email addresses) of three academic referees.
- Certified copies of degrees, diplomas and course records.
- Applications should be sent by email to Ms. Najibha Deshmukh at Najibha.Deshmukh-at-wits.ac.za
Application Deadline: The application deadline is August 1, 2017.