Institute for Research on Children, Youth and Families, Masaryk University is funding Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Position at Brno, Czech Republic. Fellows must have a research background in psychology, media studies, communication or sociology. Postdoctoral Fellowship beginning September 1, 2013 (
Study Subject(s): The fellowship is provided to study in Possible areas of interest:
- online risks for children and adolescents,
- online communication,
- online relationships and sexuality in the virtual environment,
- cyber bullying and online harassment,
- online addictive behavior, excessive internet use,
- online gaming,
- online communities.
Course Level: This fellowship is for pursuing postdoctoral degree level.
Scholarship Provider: Institute for Research on Children, Youth and Families, Masaryk University
Scholarship can be taken at: Czech Republic
Eligibility: The position is open to applicants from all countries meeting the following criteria:
1. The applicant must have a Ph.D. degree, not more than three years old (received August 31st, 2013 at the latest)
2. The applicant must be fluent in English
3. The applicant must be able to engage in collaborative research activities, have a strong record of research publications, and a record of projects which s/he was the leader of or participated in.
Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries: International students can apply for this postdoctoral fellowship.
Scholarship Description: Post-doc Research Fellow Position at the Institute for Research on Children, Youth and Family Masaryk University, Brno, the Czech Republic is accepting applications for a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow position for up to two years, beginning September 1, 2013 (or later). The successful candidate will work at the well established Institute for Research on Children, Youth and Family, Faculty of Social Studies, Masaryk University. The successful candidate will lead independent research in a team of researchers and will also cooperate in our ongoing projects. The candidate should teach one course per semester, but his/her main focus will be on carrying out research, writing publications, and also applying for new grants. The ideal research background should be in psychology, media studies, communication or sociology, but we are also open to other candidates with strong research knowledge.
Number of award(s): Not Known
Duration of award(s): Postdoctoral Research Fellowship position for up to two years.
What does it cover? The Post-Doctoral Research Fellow is offered a salary of 20,000-25,000 EURO/year.
Selection Criteria: Not Known
How to Apply: Applicants should apply electronically to
1. Detailed CV with a list of publications (sorted by: journals with impact factor, other peer reviewed journals, book chapters, books, presentations)
2. Two referee reports
3. Research proposal (2 pages long) Please, submit the documents in an electronic form to David Smahel (email@example.com).
Scholarship Application Deadline: The deadline for applications is before June 10th, 2013.