Position as postdoctoral research fellow is available at Center for Material Sciences and Nanotechnology (SMN) and the Department of Physics, University of Oslo. Norwegian applicants can apply for the fellowship.
University offers a number of general and subject-specific funding schemes. The aim of the fellowship is to attract the best and most motivated people to Norway.
The University of Oslo, is the oldest, largest and most prestigious university in Norway, located in the Norwegian capital of Oslo. UiO attracts students and researchers from all over the world.
The candidate must have a PhD or other corresponding education equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree in Physics.
Course Level: Fellowship is provided for Postdoctoral programme at the University of Oslo in Norway.
Study Subject: Fellowship is tenable in Semiconductor Physics at the University of Oslo.
Scholarship Award: Position code 1352, Salary: NOK 486 100 – 567 100 per year, (pay grade 57 – 65), depending on qualifications and seniority.
Scholarship can be taken in Norway
- The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences has a strategic ambition of being a leading research faculty. Candidates for these fellowships will be selected in accordance with this, and expected to be in the upper segment of their class with respect to academic credentials.
- The candidate must have a PhD or other corresponding education equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree in Physics. We seek a candidate with a solid scientific background in semiconductor physics, with well-documented experience in electrical (e.g. temperature dependent Hall effect measurements and junction spectroscopic techniques) and/or optical characterization (photoluminescence or cathodoluminescence) of semiconducting oxides (similar experience with GaN may also be of interest). Additional experience with first principle calculations is beneficial, but not required. Further, experience with supervision of MSc and PhD students will also be positively evaluated.
- Candidates without a PhD degree have until January 31st 2017 to complete the final exam.
- The main purpose of post-doctoral research fellowships is to qualify researchers for work in top academic positions within their disciplines.
- A good command of English is required.
Nationality: Norwegian applicants can apply for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: The candidate must have a PhD or other corresponding education equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree in Physics.
How to Apply: The application must include:
- Application letter
- CV (summarizing education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activity)
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters of recommendation
- A complete list of publications and up to 5 academic works that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committeeNames and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
Please remember that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
In accordance with the University of Oslo’s equal opportunities policy, we invite applications from all interested individuals regardless of gender or ethnicity.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 10 October 2016.