The Rovira i Virgili University has opened the call for applications for 28 new predoctoral research fellowships in different research areas. Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
The fellowships are jointly funded by the European Union through the Marie Sklodowska-Curie actions programme, which is contributing four million euros to the programme.
In 1973, the Universitat Laboral, now known as the University School of Industrial Engineering became part of the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya. In 1971, the Universitat de Barcelona set up local branches of the faculties of Philosophy and Letters, and Sciences in the city of Tarragona. From the very beginning, the aim was for these new courses to achieve the highest possible university recognition. The URV is among the top 450 universities in the world for Chemistry, according to the QS.
- Application Deadline: May 20, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Pre-doctoral programme.
- Study Subject: The positions are based on individual projects encompassing all areas of research at URV: Sciences, Health Sciences, Arts and Humanities, Engineering, Social and Legal Sciences. Prospective candidates can find the full list of projects.
- Scholarship Award: The successful candidates will be offered the following:
- Medium-term contract (up to 36 months, co-funded by MSCA COFUND grant), full-time position
- A very attractive salary, on par with European offerings (see more details below)
- 3-6 months secondments to international (and in some cases intersectoral) partner organizations
- Access to a comprehensive training package, with a strong interdisciplinary focus, together with an attractive transversal skills programme
- Candidates will receive a gross monthly salary of approximately 2200 €.
- Apart from the salary, URV will contribute up to 7500 € each year to the cost of the fellow’s travels, research and training.
- Nationality: All nationalities
- Number of Scholarships: Up to 28 scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Spain
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: In order to be eligible for any of the MFP fellowships, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Comply with the MSCA mobility rule:
- The candidate must not have resided or carried out their main activity in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to 31/07/2018.
- ESR eligibility criteria: Early-stage researchers (ESR) shall at the time of recruitment be in the first 4 years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Full-time equivalent research experience is measured from the date when a researcher obtained the degree which would formally entitle him or her to embark on a doctorate, either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the researcher is recruited or seconded, irrespective of whether or not a doctorate is or was ever envisaged.
- Hold a degree from another country in the EEES which grants access to a Master’s degree and have achieved a minimum of 300 ECTS credits in university studies of which at least 60 must be at Master’s level,
Hold of a qualification obtained in accordance with foreign educational systems without the need for official recognition, having previously confirmed with the university that this qualification accredits a level of training equivalent to the official Spanish university Master’s degree and that it would serve as a means of access to a PhD in the country in which it was awarded.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: The candidates should prepare the following documentation, required for upload in the Submission Application. All documents must be provided in ENGLISH.
- A scanned copy of a valid passport
- Curriculum Vitae
- A scanned copy of the certificate of the official academic qualification (university degree)
- A scanned copy of the academic transcript of the undergraduate degree
- Scanned copy of the master degree *
- Description of the master project *
- A motivation letter
- Two reference letters