Higher Education Commission (HEC) is inviting applications for Prime Minister’s Fee Reimbursement Scheme for Less Developed Areas of Pakistan. The scheme is available for students who are enrolled on merit in masters, MS/MPhil, and Ph.D. program.
The Scheme was approved in June 2012 by the Government and was initially designed to reimburse tuition fees and on and off mandatory charges for the students of Balochistan, FATA, and Gilgit-Baltistan admitted on merit in Masters/MPhil /Ph.D. in any public sector degree awarding institution.
Higher Education Commission (HEC) aims to elevate the socio-economic position of the needy & deserving students by providing access to quality education through needs-based scholarships.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for students who are enrolled on merit in Masters, MS/MPhil and Ph.D. program in the HEC identified public sector universities/affiliated government institutions, located in the geographical territory of their province/Region/Area.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded for studying the subjects offered by the university.
- Actual Tuition Fee (of Masters , MS/MPhil, and Ph.D. programs)
- On and Off Mandatory charges which include Registration Fee/Enrollment Fee, Admission fee (For new admissions only), Examination Fee, Library charges(non-refundable), Laboratory charges, Research related academic activities only.
- Nonstudy related heads like transport fee, hostel fee, Sports fee, Endowment Fund, Equipment Fee, Health Fee or Any Refundable dues will not be paid.
Scholarship can be taken in Pakistan
- The Students having valid domicile/local certificate of specified areas under the Scheme
- The students who are enrolled on merit in Masters, MS/MPhil programs in the HEC identified public sector universities/affiliated government institutions, located in the geographical territory of their province/Region/Area
- The students who are enrolled in Ph.D. program in the HEC identified public sector universities/affiliated government institutions anywhere across Pakistan
Nationality: Students from Pakistan can apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply: Students who are newly admitted to Public Sector University in Spring/Fall Session (depending upon the university’s admission cycle) are required to apply through online student web portal system.
Application Deadline: The application deadlines vary according to universities.