Education Queensland International (EQI) is pleased to announce a number of Queensland Government Scholarships for students commencing studies in 2017. EQI scholarships cover a portion of tuition fees for international students applying to join the EQI International Student Program (ISP).
Education Queensland International (EQI) is the Queensland Government’s dedicated team of professionals that specialises in supporting the needs of international students and their families.
The Department of Education and Training is a department of the Queensland Government. The Minister for Education and Minister for Tourism, Major Events, Small Business and the Commonwealth Games, Kate Jones, and the Attorney-General, Minister for Justice and Minister for Training and Skills, Yvette D’Ath, are jointly responsible for the department.
Course Level: Scholarships are offered for
- Prima ry School – Prep to Year 6
- Junior and Senior High School (Graduate component)
- Junior and Senior High School (Study Abroad component)
- Regional Study Abroad
- EQI Queensland Academies for Creative Industries (QACI) Scholarship
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study multiple subjects.
Scholarship Award: EQI scholarships cover a portion of tuition fees for international students applying to join the EQI International Student Program (ISP). Each bursary is valued up to AUD$5,000. The scholarships subsidy will cover one term or more of the ISP tuition.
Scholarship can be taken in: Australia
Eligibility: EQI agent open scholarships are open to new international student applications. Current EQI international students are not eligible to apply for a scholarship in their current program or extend their studies in the same program.
- International students are required to meet EQI’s English and Academic Entry Requirements
- International students must meet the Student Visa requirements subclass 500
- International students must apply through one of EQI’s approved education agents from their country
- Scholarship recipients will be required to cover the remaining cost of studies including tuition fees for the subsequent terms/years, homestay, Overseas Students Health Cover, course materials, visa application and relevant fees, flights and living costs.
The following additional requirements may apply to some of the scholarship programs in certain countries:
- A short proposal or example work, in English, demonstrating the student’s ability in sharing their experience through testimonials and social media ‘blogs’ as an EQI international student ambassador
- A history of higher education achievement
- A letter of recommendation from a school academic staff member and
- An evidence of high achievement in the relevant field when applying for an excellence program.
Nationality: EQI agent open scholarships are offered to international students from any nationality.
How to Apply: Application form must be submitted electronically. Please attach these documents if available
- Junior High School Graduation Certificate
- English language test result
- Copy of Australian student visa
- Copy of Overseas Student Health Cover
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 15 October 2016.