The University of Essex is currently accepting applications for Regional Scholarships for the academic year 2018-19. This scholarship scheme is for international students from specified countries seeking to join the University of Essex. The award is offered as a discount on student’s tuition fees.
The University of Essex is a public research university in Colchester, Essex, England. It was established in 1963 and received its Royal Charter in 1965
The most common tests for language proficiency are IELTS and TOEFL iBT. However, University also accepts some other English language test scores such as Pearson and Cambridge certificates and may accept school qualification.
- Application Deadline: June 30, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue master as well as an undergraduate programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to learn any of the courses offered by the university.
- Nationality: Students from Americas, Norway and Indian subcontinent are eligible.
- The number of Scholarships and Amount: Americas: Ten £3.000 scholarships, Norway: Four £2,000 scholarships, Indian subcontinent: Unlimited £3,000 scholarships.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Students from the following countries are eligible:
Americas: For undergraduates and Masters Students from USA, Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador or Peru in their first year of study
Norway: For undergraduates and Masters Students from Norway in their first year of study.
Indian subcontinent: For undergraduates from India, Bangladesh or Pakistan in their first year of study.
- These scholarships are restricted to applicants who are classified as international students for fees purposes and are nationals of and permanently domiciled in one of the countries specified above.
- Applicants must be entirely self-funded. These awards are not available to students who are fully or partly sponsored. Applicants must be starting their first year of study on a degree course at the University of Essex in 2018-19
- Undergraduate applicants must meet our published standard conditional offer for their country and make Essex their firm choice on UCAS by 30th June 2018.
- Masters applicants must be in receipt of an official offer of admission (conditional or unconditional) from our Graduate Admissions Office.
- Only one scholarship award can be made per student and the award cannot normally be held in conjunction with other University of Essex awards. This scholarship is available for the first year of study only.
- These scholarship awards do not apply to deferred entry. Where a scholarship has been awarded to a student who subsequently defers entry to the following academic year, the award will be withdrawn and the applicant will be considered again in line with the terms and conditions that apply in the new proposed year of entry.
English Language Requirements: The most common tests for language proficiency are IELTS and TOEFL iBT. However, University also accepts some other English language test scores such as Pearson and Cambridge certificates and may accept school qualification.
How to Apply: Americas and Norway Scholarships
In order to be considered for these awards, you must complete and submit the application form available on our website by the published deadline.
Indian Sub-continent Scholarships
If you meet all the eligibility criteria and firmly accept the offer of your place by 30 June 2018 then you will automatically be considered for this award. You don’t need to complete an application form. The University will assess your eligibility based on the academic transcripts and certificates that you submit with your application for your place at Essex. No alternative supporting evidence will be accepted.