The University of Cape Town is delighted to offer its Research Fellowship in medical mycology. The fellowship is available for South African students.
The aim of this fellowship is to expand an independent research programme in Medical Mycology that is aligned with the strategic objectives of the AFGrica Unit.
The University of Cape Town (UCT) is a public research university located in Cape Town in the Western Cape province of South Africa. It is jointly the oldest university in South Africa and the oldest extant university in Sub-Saharan Africa alongside Stellenbosch.
Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue the research programme.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of medical mycology.
Scholarship Award: Fellowship will cover the following:
- This position is a full time, five year contract, and includes funds for a postdoctoral research fellow (PDRF), start-up costs in the first year for necessary equipment, and consumable costs for 3 years that will cover research expenses for the PDRF as well as students and additional PDRFs that are recruited to the project.
Number of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- MD/ MBBCh or PhD in Microbiology, Immunology, or another relevant discipline.
- At least 3 years of postdoctoral experience with some in the field of Medical Mycology.
- Track record of peer-reviewed publications in international journals.
- Experience in (co)-supervision of postgraduate students and/or junior staff.
Nationality: South African applicants are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have MD/ MBBCh or PhD in Microbiology, Immunology, or another relevant discipline.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email:
- UCT Application Form (downloaded from the link given below).
- Cover letter.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV), including contact details of at least three referees.
- Please ensure the job title and reference number are indicated in the subject line.
- To apply, please email the requested documents in a single pdf file to Ms Jacqueline Harvey at recruitment05-at-uct.ac.za
Application Deadline: The application deadline is February 28, 2018.