International Water Management Institute offers Research Position in Social Science for international Students, 2012 Ethiopia
Study Subject(s):Social Science (Value Chain Development & Irrigation Management)
Scholarship Provider: Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)
Scholarship can be taken at: Ethiopia
Eligibility:-a PhD in a social science, economics, rural development or a cl osely related discipline;
• at least 3 years’ experience conducting research on topics rela ted to value chains, institutions, governance and irrigation, preferably in the context of sub-Saharan Africa;
• evidence of working in a dynamic team environment from differen t backgrounds and organizations;
• an ability to conceptualize and implement research projects in your field;
• a record of research publications and wider dissemination produ cts on value chains, irrigation and water management;
• excellent communication skills with a variety of people from ho usehold communities, extension workers, private businesses to government representatives and academics; and
• familiarity and experience with participatory methods (such as participatory value chain analysis).
Scholarship Open for International Students: Yes
Scholarship Description: The goal of the LIVES Project is to “contribute to enhanced income and gender equitable wealth creation for smallholders and other value chain actors through increased and sustained market off-take of high-value livestock and irrigated crop commodities.” The purpose of the project is to “improve competitiveness, sustainability and equity in value chains for selected high-value livestock and irrigated crop commodities in target areas of four regions of Ethiopia.” This will be achieved by working alongside high caliber national partners to build capacity, provide knowledge and skills through action-oriented research.
How to Apply: Online
Scholarship Application Deadline: 04/08/2012