RMIT University is accepting applications for Postgraduate Research International Scholarships (RPIS). These scholarships are awarded to international students commencing a research degree (Masters or PhD) on the basis of academic excellence and research potential.
A valid English proficiency test must be submitted for programs with an IELTS entry requirement of 7.0 and above.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to undertake research programme (Masters or PhD) at RMIT University.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in all subjects offered by the RMIT University.
Scholarship Award: The value of the RMIT Postgraduate Research International Scholarships increases annually in accordance with indexation. In 2016, the RMIT Postgraduate Research International Scholarship will provide the following benefits:
- Tuition fees for the standard duration of your research scholarship
- The cost of an Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) policy for the standard duration of your program
- A stipend of $29,288 per annum pro rata (full-time mode) which is equivalent to the Government APA rate of $26,288 plus an RMIT top up of $3000
- A relocation allowance for the cost of relocating in order to take up your research program, up to $515 per adult and $255 per child to a maximum of $1540
- Paid sick, maternity and parental leave (within the limits of the 2016 Scholarship Terms and Conditions).
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: To be considered for scholarship you must hold, or be currently completing
- A master by research
- A master by coursework with a significant research component graded as high distinction, or equivalent
- A honours degree achieving first class honours
- A 4-year bachelor degree achieving a GPA of 4 or equivalent (80% or above).
If you do not hold one of the above qualifications, you will only be considered for scholarship if you have previous publications or significant research experience. All other applicants will be considered ineligible.
Applicants applying for scholarship must be in receipt of a RMIT program offer for the relevant application period, by the close of the scholarship round to be considered.
Nationality: Australian and international applicants can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have completed a bachelor degree with first class honours.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: A valid English proficiency test must be submitted for programs with an IELTS entry requirement of 7.0 and above.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online. When applying for a scholarship you will automatically be considered for all scholarships in which you are eligible. You do not need to submit separate applications.
Application Deadline: The closing deadline for application is 31 October 2016.