Applications are open for Rice University Engineering Scholarship. The scholarship is available to pursue professional master programme.
The aim of the scholarship is to provide financial help to the engineering students.
Rice University, officially William Marsh Rice University, is a private research university located on a 295-acre campus in Houston, Texas, United States. Rice is generally considered the foremost university and the most selective institution of higher education in the state of Texas.
- Application Deadline: February 1, 2018
- Course Level: The scholarship is available to pursue professional master programme.
- Study Subject: The scholarship will be awarded in the field of engineering.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship is for half of the tuition for each of up to two semesters in which the student is enrolled full-time in an EPMP at Rice.
- Nationality: USA
- Number of Scholarships: Not Given
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: USA
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible to receive the G.R. Brown School of Engineering Scholarship, a student must:
- Be enrolled as a Rice engineering undergraduate, progressing with good academic standing toward completion of a bachelor’s degree,
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher, and
- Have applied to, been accepted by, and matriculated in a Professional Master’s degree program in the G. R. Brown School of Engineering.
- Students must submit all of the following:
- A written statement of goals of no more than 250 words. In the statement, the applicant should address professional and personal goals, the motivation for pursuing a professional master’s degree in the desired program, the impact this scholarship will have on the applicant’s career goals.
- A two-page resume showing work experience and other accomplishments to date, including honours, awards, published papers and all other information the applicant deems material for consideration.
- Two letters of recommendation. At least one of the letters should be from a Rice University professor.
How to Apply: To apply, please send the following items:
- Completed application (apply online)
- Three personal letters of recommendation – recommenders can now submit their letters online
- General GRE scores (use the code 6609 for Rice; do not worry about a department code)
- Official transcripts from all universities attended