Applications are invited for RNTC fellowships available for professional journalists, programme-makers, broadcast trainers and managers coming from developing countries.Fellowships will cover the full cost of travel and visa (if required), accommodation and meals, insurance, and the course fee.
The RNTC training centre provides training for media professionals from all over the world: from journalists and programme-makers to social activists and communications professionals from non-governmental organisations.
RNTC is a media training institute which has brought career-changing skills to more than 3000 media professionals from around the world for over 45 years.
English is the working language of courses, unless stated otherwise. Applicant’s level must be advanced. They assume that participants are able to participate actively in English.
Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing RNTC postgraduate courses.
Study Subject(s): Fellowships are awarded for the following programmes: Investigative journalism, Media campaigns, Producing media to counter radicalisation and Using media for development.
Scholarship Award: Fellowships will cover the full cost of travel and visa (if required), accommodation and meals, insurance, and the course fee.
Scholarship can be taken at: Netherlands
Eligibility: RNTC’s Fellowships are available for professional journalists, programme-makers, broadcast trainers and managers coming from the following countries (a combined NFP list and low-middle-income countries according to the World Bank criteria).
- To have a minimum of three years working experience in the media/NGO sector
- To have successfully followed secondary education, and professional education or training in media
- To speak and write in English (the course language) sufficiently
- To submit a letter of motivation in English (150-250 words) explaining the reasons for applying for the course, its relevance to your work and that of your organisation, and its potential contribution to enhance the performance and the capacity of both
- To complete admissions requirements at the beginning of the course they need to see the original (or if they prefer a properly certified copy) of their most recent educational qualification in secondary or higher education. Please make sure you bring this with you since we will ask to see it on the opening day of the course.
Nationality: Students Afghanistan, Albania, Angola, Armenia, Autonomous Palestinian Territories, Bangladesh, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Burma, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Colombia, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, DR Congo, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Honduras, India, Indonesian, Iran, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Laos, Lesotho, Macedonia, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Solomon Islands, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe can apply for these RNTC fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a minimum of three years working experience in the media/NGO sector.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: English is the working language of courses, unless stated otherwise. Applicant’s level must be advanced. They assume that participants are able to participate actively in English.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online. Please note that for the current application window, only NFP scholarships are available. Applicants must submit:
- Letter of motivation (150-200 words), explaining why they think they qualify for one of these scholarships -Completed registration form
- Curriculum vitae
- Proof of proficiency in English
- Scholarship applications will have to be uploaded in ROSA, RNTC’s Online System for Applications.
Application Deadline: The deadline for sending RNTC application is July 22, 2016.