A new Royal Golden Jubilee PhD Programme: Scholarships is now available for all new ASEAN students (RGJ –ASEAN) for the Year 2018. This PhD Programme is a prestigious scholarship scheme funded by the Royal Thai government.
This scholarship aims to support interested students from ASEAN countries to pursue their doctoral studies in Thailand, with the opportunity to do research with Thai advisors of academic excellence in various scientific fields.
The Jubilee PhD Program is a PhD Research Fellowship project sponsored by the PhD Research Fellowship to produce high-quality research and doctoral research at Thai universities. International standard. Managed by the Thailand Research Fund (TRF), the highest priority is given to strict quality and efficient management.
- Application Deadline: February 28, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the following fields of study:
- Next-Generation Automotive
- Smart Electronics
- Aviation and Logistics
- Affluent, Medical and Wellness Tourism
- Agriculture and Biotechnology
- Medical Hub
- Food for the Future
- Biofuels and Biochemicals
- Scholarship Award: The RGJ-Ph.D. Programme will grant no exceeding 1,122,000 THB under the following conditions:
4.1 Student (for not more than 3 years)
- Honorarium THB 144,000 per annum
- Educational fees and research expenses THB 130,000 per annum
Advisor (for not more than 3 years)
- Honorarium THB 30,000 per annum
- Final honorarium THB 50,000 after the student’s graduation, his/her doctoral research has been published in an international journal, and all the required documents submitted at the completion of the project have been approved.
- Travel expenses THB 100,000 will be provided if the students have the additional budget for an overseas research trip.
Reserve Fund: THB 200,000 payable according to needs for educational fees and research expenses after the regular 3-year period.
- Nationality: ASEAN students
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in Thailand
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Students from ASEAN countries (Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, and Brunei) are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- The interested applicants should have the following qualifications: be a citizen from one of the ASEAN countries (Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, and Brunei)
- Be under 35 years of age
- Hold a bachelor’s degree with a GPA of not less than 3.5 (from a total of 4.0)
- Hold a bachelor’s degree with a GPA of not less than 3.0 (from a total of 4.0) AND hold a master’s degree in a discipline related to the proposed doctoral study with a GPA of not less than 3.5 (from a total of 4.0) or equivalent from an institution of higher education recognized by TRF, AND have research publication(s) or oral/poster presentation(s) at a scientific meeting with English abstract(s).
- Be fluent in written and verbal English as courses are conducted in English (TOEFL score: at least 90 (IBT) or higher, or IELTS score: at least 6 or higher);
- Have appropriate background to undertake the proposal he/she has outlined
- In addition, it is suggested that the students should be prepared for at least three years for a study leave from home country as required for a successful candidate and that they try to maintain in good health, both physically and mentally, throughout the course of study.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in written and verbal English as courses are conducted in English (TOEFL score: at least 90 (IBT) or higher, or IELTS score: at least 6 or higher).
How to Apply: The applicants must complete the online application form on RGJ webpage (http://rgj.trf.or.th/main/en/) and submit three (3) copies of completed application forms to TRF before the closing date for application by 28 February 2018 at 24 hrs. (UTC+7), (The postmark date serves as proof that the application has been dispatched on time.) for registration in the new academic year beginning no later than August 2018.
Please note that:
- The online form allows applicants to enter the required information and save it for a later date until final submission. There are strict character limits for each section which cannot be exceeded.
- Provide an English translation if the original document is not in English.