The Royal Irish Academy Charlemont Grants Scheme is a travel grants scheme aimed at early career postdoctoral researchers. Grants offer young Irish researchers an opportunity to travel internationally, make important connections and further their research networks in any discipline.
The Royal Irish Academy, based in Dublin, is an all-Ireland, independent academic body that promotes study and excellence in the sciences, humanities and social sciences.
Course Level: Grants are available for pursuing research progarmme.
Study Subject: Grants are awarded for further their research networks in any discipline.
Scholarship Award: Travel grants are available for up to €2,500 for a clearly defined piece of research, which will have an identifiable outcome on the completion of the project.
Scholarship can be taken in Ireland
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applications are open to all researchers who have obtained a PhD (viva voce must have been passed by the application deadline) and who are within seven years of receiving their PhDs at the start of the term of the grant period. Therefore you must have obtained your PhD on or after 1st January 2011. Candidates with PhDs awarded in 2010 or earlier are not eligible.
- Applicants must confirm that they are not awaiting the outcome of a viva voce examination, nor awaiting the acceptance of any corrections required by the examiners.
- Applicants can submit one application per grant round.
- Applicants should be ordinarily resident and working in Ireland (including Northern Ireland) – applications from international scholars are welcome but the application must be made on their behalf by an Irish-based host.
- Postgraduate students are not eligible to apply for grant support from the Academy, and principal investigators (and co-investigators where appropriate) are asked to confirm that they are not currently working towards a PhD, nor awaiting the outcome of a viva voce examination, nor awaiting the acceptance of any corrections required by the examiners.
Nationality: Irish researchers are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous degree.
How to Apply: Applicants must complete the online application form and upload scanned copies of all supporting letters (where appropriate) by the close of business on the closing date as stated on the online application form. Applicants are advised to take care in noting which section of the scheme (e.g. humanities or science) to which their application is to be assigned.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is October 11, 2017.