The University of Graz is delighted to offer Rudi Roth Grant for Research in South-Eastern and Eastern Europe. The university supports bachelor, master, diploma and PhD theses focusing on Eastern and South-Eastern Europe from the perspective of the respective field of study/research of the applicant.
The University of Graz, which was founded in 1585, is Austria’s second oldest university and one of the largest in the country. Many excellent scientists, amongst them six Nobel laureates, have taught and researched here.
Applications close: Online application is activated and ends on March 1. Please submit hard copies of all of the indicated application documents by March 1. Only complete applications will be accepted.
Course Level: Grants are available to pursue research. The University of Graz supports bachelor, master, diploma and PhD theses.
Study Subject: The research focus of the thesis is the situation in Eastern and South-Eastern Europe. The University of Graz supports bachelor, master, diploma and PhD theses focusing on Eastern and South-Eastern Europe from the perspective of the respective field of study/research of the applicant. The scholarship is open to students of all faculties.
Scholarship Award: Scholarships awarded based on the decision of a selection committee will be for EUR 2.000 – EUR 4.000, depending on available funds.
Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given.
Scholarship can be taken in the Austria
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Degree students of the University of Graz (= entrance university) meeting the following requirements are eligible to apply:
- The research focus of the thesis is the situation in Eastern and South-Eastern Europe
- And includes a research stay in the region in the academic year 2017/18.
Students from Austria are eligible to apply for this grant.
College Admission Requirement:
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a previous year degree.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have excellent written and verbal English skills.
Scholarships awarded based on the decision of a selection committee will be for EUR 2.000 – EUR 4.000, depending on available funds. The awarding of the scholarship is furthermore contingent on
- The mandatory attendance of the scholarship award ceremony
- Research report to be provided at the end of the research stay
The transfer of the awarded grant to the selected grantees is contingent on and will happen after the scholarship award ceremony on the basis of the documents to be handed in by the grantee (acceptance form, Meldebestätigung = confirmation of registration with the City of Graz).
How to Apply:
Start your application at UNIGRAZonline (log on > click on “International Relations” > select program > select relevant academic year). The Online Help in the Online Application Tool provides further instructions.
Submit the following documents:
- Application form (download from UNIGRAZonline) incl. foto signed
- CV in tabular form with signature)
- Current Record of Studies (Studienblatt) and Confirmation of Registration (Studienbestätigung), download from UNIGRAZonline account
- Academic transcript (download from UNIGRAZonline account)
- Research Proposal incl. Information on host institution/location abroad as well as planned timeframe for the research abroad Reason for the application including the content and time frame of the research to be undertaken in the context of the thesis and the planned location of research (2 pages max.)
- Letter of recommendation issued by the thesis supervisor at the University of Graz