Samsung Group is now proud to offer Samsung Star Scholar Programme for Indian Students. The Star Scholar Programme is available in the field of engineering.
The aim of the scholarship is to provide them with opportunities for good quality higher education, irrespective of their capacity to pay for it.
Samsung Group is a South Korean multinational conglomerate in Samsung Town, Seoul. It comprises numerous affiliated businesses; most of them united under the Samsung brand and is the largest South Korean chaebol.
Course Level: The scholarship is available to undergraduate students currently pursuing a B.Tech/Dual Course (B.Tech + M.Tech) at any of the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) or National Institute of Technology (NIT) in India.
Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in the field of engineering.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship recipient will forfeit the scholarship amount, during the scholarship period, in case he/she fails any criteria mentioned in the Rule Book.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in India
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The Scholarship Candidate(s) should be first-year students, or last year’s scholarship holders, in a full term B. Tech/Dual Degree (B.Tech+M.Tech) course at the Institute.
- Applications submitted after the submission deadlines will not be considered.
- Samsung India will provide scholarship support for selected Scholarship Candidate(s) basis the verified application form. For this purpose, Samsung may engage any third party to carry out verification of the information provided and other administrative tasks associated with the Programme.
- Meeting the minimum application requirements and scholarship criteria does not guarantee the scholarship.
- The scholarship recipient will forfeit the scholarship amount, during the scholarship period, in case he/she fails any criteria mentioned in the Rule Book.
Nationality: Indian applicants can apply for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: The Scholarship Candidate(s) should be first-year students.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email.
- Completed Application Form, with the self-attested photograph. The Application Form has to be certified and signed by Dean Academics.
- Self-certified clear copy of Class X and XII CBSE marks statement.
- Self-certified clear copy of JEE (Advanced) ranking certificate
- Self-certified clear copy of Final admission letter from the Institute.
- Original copy of admission/first semester/annual fee receipt deposited at Institute attested and verified by the Institute’s Dean Academic.
- A signed cancelled cheque of the bank account in which the Scholarship amount has to be deposited.
- Self-certified clear copy of address proof – Aadhaar Card will only be considered.
- Self-certified clear copy of PAN Card (mandatory).
- Provide a brief write up on a separate sheet, why you are a qualified candidate for a scholarship and how you will be impacted if chosen.
- Applications should be emailed in .pdf format to star.scholar-at-samsung.com.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is August 31, 2017.