Scholarship for China/World Meteorological Organization Program, 2013
The Government of China is offering partial scholarships in China. The scholarship is offered to the citizens of SCO member countries (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan) for pursuing undergraduate and master’s studies at Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology and Hohai University in China. Candidates can only choose meteorology, hydrology and water resources supervision and management. Applications are open until the beginning of April, 2013.
Study Subject(s): Scholarship is available in the field of meteorology, hydrology and water resources supervision and management.
Course Level: This scholarship is available for pursuing undergraduate and master’s degree at Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology and Hohai University
Scholarship Provider: Ministry of Education of P. R. China.
Scholarship can be taken at: China
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and be in good health.
2. Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for undergraduate studies must have senior high school diploma with good academic performance and be under the age of 25.
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
Scholarship Open for International Students: The students of SCO member countries (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan) can apply for this scholarship.
Scholarship Description: China/World Meteorological Organization (WMO) scholarship program is a partial scholarship provided for SCO member countries by the Ministry of Education of P. R. China (hereinafter referred to as MOE). MOE entrusts China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as CSC) to manage the recruitment and carry out the routine management of this scholarship program.
Selection of Institutions and Specialty: Candidates can only choose meteorology, hydrology and water resources supervision and management from Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology and Hohai University.
Duration of award(s): For undergraduates: 5 (one year Chinese study and four years of major study). For Master’s Degree Students: 2-3(English taught courses are available)
What does it cover?
- Exempt from tuition fee and accommodation fee for dormitory on campus;
Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China;
1) Costs of the laboratory experiment or internship beyond the university’s arrangements should be self-afforded.
2) Students who have to suspend their studies for pregnancy or for health reasons are required to go back to their home countries for labor or for treatment. The international travel expenses should be covered by the students. With the university’s approval, the scholarship status can be reserved for up to one year. The scholarship status will not be reserved for those who suspend their studies for other reasons.
3) Fee for outpatient medical service refers to the outpatient expense in the institution’s hospital or the hospitals appointed by the institution. The students are to cover a certain percentage of expense in accordance with the institution’s relevant regulations.
4) Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China is provided by MOE for the scholarship students in China against hospitalizing for serious diseases and accidental injuries. The institutions or the appointed medical assistance agencies provide advancement service for insurance expenses, and claim for compensation with relevant payment receipts from the insurance company according to the stipulated insurance articles. For scholarship student, the individual claim will not be accepted by the insurance company.
5) International travel expenses: self-afforded.
Approval and Notification:
1. CSC will review all the application documents and CSC reserves to right to make necessary adjustments on the applied institutions, specialties and duration of study. The qualified applications will be forwarded to institutions for academic competence and they will forward their nominations to CSC for approval. The applications will be regarded as invalid and will not be accepted if they fail to meet the enrollment requirements or the application documents are incomplete.
2. Applicants are encouraged to contact HEIs and potential supervisors for admission before applying for a scholarship. If an applicant has been admitted at the time of application, s/he should attach the admission notice or the invitation letter from the Chinese HEIs.
3. Scholarship applicants accepted by Chinese HEIs will be officially awarded the Chinese Government Scholarship with the approval from CSC.
4. Students are required to sign on their Admission Notice, if they have no objection with the placement, and are not permitted, in principle, to change their academic programs, institutions or the duration of study specified in the Admission Notice.
5. CSC will send the Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to the candidate through World Meteorological Organization by July 31st, 2013.
How to Apply: The applicants must fill in and provide the following documents truly, correctly and completely (in duplicate).
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (filled in Chinese or in English). Applicants shall fill in and submit the application form online first and then submit the printed version and the supporting documents required by CSC to the dispatching authorities. The CSC Online Application System for Study in China is available on http://laihua.csc.edu.cn. Applicants who have no internet access due to the limited internet service provided in their countries can request the application form from their dispatching authorities.
2. Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). Applicants shall also provide proof of studying on application. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
3. Academic transcripts (notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4. A study or research plan: in Chinese or in English (no less than 400 words).
5. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (the original copy should be kept by the applicant. The form printed by Chinese quarantine authority could be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn). The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take medical examination as it is valid for only 6 months.
The above documents should be forwarded to CSC by April 30th 2013 via the secretariat of World Meteorological Organization. Individual applications are not accepted by CSC. Application documents will not be returned.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The applicants may apply to the secretariat of World Meteorological Organization between January and the beginning of April, 2013.
Important: Scholarship-Positions.com is not responsible for the content of any external websites linked to or referenced on this site.
- Africa Scholarships
- Australia Scholarships
- Austria Scholarships
- Belgium Scholarships
- Canada Scholarships
- China Scholarships
- Denmark Scholarships
- France Scholarships
- Germany Scholarships
- Germany Postdoctoral
- India Scholarships
- Iran Scholarships
- Italy Scholarships
- Japan Scholarships
- New Zealand