Applications are invited for China Scholarships Council/University of Edinburgh Scholarships for the academic year 2017-2018. The scholarships will be awarded to citizens and permanent residents of the People’s Republic of China at the time of application who are accepted for admission on a full-time basis for a postgraduate PhD degree programme at the University of Edinburgh.
University offers a number of general and subject-specific funding schemes. The aim of the scholarships is to attract the best and most motivated people to Edinburgh.
The University of Edinburgh, founded in 1582, is the sixth oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of Scotland’s ancient universities.
Candidates must have the minimum equivalent of a 2:1 degree at undergraduate level. A good result in a consequent and relevant Masters degree will also be expected.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing full-time PhD degree programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are available for study in the following Schools:
- Biological Sciences
- Medicine and Veterinary Medicine with particular emphasis on Public Health, Life Science and Agriculture
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
- The scholarships will be awarded to citizens and permanent residents of the People’s Republic of China at the time of application who are accepted for admission on a full-time basis for a postgraduate PhD degree programme at the University of Edinburgh.
- Candidates should not be currently working outside China at the time of application, and successful candidates must agree to return to China upon completion of their research degree at the University of Edinburgh. Candidates currently studying outside China are eligible to apply, but not those who have already commenced a PhD programme of study prior to the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Candidates should satisfy the selection criteria set out by CSC by completing the CSC Application Form and the CSC Employer Reference Form which can be found on the CSC website.
Nationality: Students from China are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit. Candidates must have the minimum equivalent of a 2:1 degree at undergraduate level. A good result in a consequent and relevant Masters degree will also be expected.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Non-native English Language speakers must meet the University entry requirements of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
How to Apply: Applicants should apply online for PhD admission to the University of Edinburgh by 1st February 2017, and should complete a China Scholarship Council/University of Edinburgh Joint Scholarship application form which should be submitted to the relevant College/School, also by 1st February 2017. Applicants should submit the following to the CSC as soon as the online CSC application form becomes available on 20 March 2017 (The CSC will however accept applications up to 5 April 2017):
- Hard copy of the signed CSC Application Form
- Completed CSC Employer Reference Form
- A copy of the full postgraduate application form for PhD admission at the University of Edinburgh
- A copy of all supporting documentation submitted with your PhD application
Application Deadline: The application deadline is February 1, 2017.