German Historical Institute in Moscow (GIIM) is offering scholarships to graduate students involved in the German or Russian / Ukrainian / Belarusian history and the history of other post-Soviet states. Students who are working on thesis on the history of Germany, Russia, former Soviet republics, as well as the German-Russian / Soviet relations are eligible.
Since its inception the work of the German Historical Institute in Moscow (GIIM) aims to develop and strengthen scientific cooperation of historians from Russia and Germany.
GIIM – one of ten scientific humanities institutes abroad (along with institutions in Rome, Paris, London, Washington, Tokyo, Beirut and Istanbul) that are funded by the Ministry of Education and Science of the German Foundation them.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for graduate students who are working on the thesis.
Study Subject: Scholarships are available to work in libraries and archives in Moscow and St. Petersburg.
Number of Awards: Not Known
Scholarship Award: The monthly amount of the scholarship is determined GIIM based on German standards.
Scholarship can be taken in Russia
Eligibility: Institute shall consider applications from graduate students who are working on the thesis on the history of Germany, Russia, former Soviet republics, as well as the German-Russian / Soviet relations. Scholarships are available for graduate students to work in libraries and archives in Moscow and St. Petersburg.
Nationality: International citizens can apply for this scholarship.
How to Apply: Applications must be submitted by e-mail.
The required components for complete application packet are as follows:-
- Brief information about the topic of the dissertation and the work already done on the subject work (2-3 p.)
- Rationale for applicant stay in Moscow and / or St. Petersburg (which libraries, archival collections, academic institutions they are going to visit, etc.) (page 1-2).
- The recommendation of the supervisor (or some other scientist, a specialist in the field) (1 pg.).
- A brief curriculum vitae (with a list of publications, if any).
- A photocopy of the diploma of completion of university.
Application Deadline: The last date to apply is May 15, 2017.