German Historical Institute in Moscow (GIIM) is offering scholarships to graduate students involved in the German or Russian / Ukrainian / Belarusian history and the history of other post-Soviet states. Students who are working on thesis on the history of Germany, Russia, former Soviet republics, as well as the German-Russian / Soviet relations are eligible.
Since its inception the work of the German Historical Institute in Moscow (GIIM) aims to develop and strengthen scientific cooperation of historians from Russia and Germany.
GIIM – one of ten scientific humanities institutes abroad (along with institutions in Rome, Paris, London, Washington, Tokyo, Beirut and Istanbul) that are funded by the Ministry of Education and Science of the German Foundation them.
- Application Deadline: May 15, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for graduate students who are working on the thesis.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are available to work in libraries and archives in Moscow and St. Petersburg.
- Scholarship Award: The monthly amount of the scholarship is determined GIIM based on German standards.
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Nationality: International citizens
- Scholarship can be taken in Russia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International citizens can apply for this scholarship.
- Entrance Requirements: Institute shall consider applications from graduate students who are working on the thesis on the history of Germany, Russia, former Soviet republics, as well as the German-Russian / Soviet relations. Scholarships are available for graduate students to work in libraries and archives in Moscow and St. Petersburg.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: Applications must be submitted by e-mail.
The application must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Brief information about the topic of the dissertation and the work already done on this topic (2-3 pages)
- Justification of the need for your stay in Moscow and / or St. Petersburg (which libraries, archival funds, scientific institutions you are going to visit, etc.) (1-2 pages)
- The recommendation of the scientific adviser (or other scientist, specialist in this field) (1 page)
- A short autobiography (with a list of publications, if any)
- Photocopy of the diploma on graduation
Completed application forms together with other documents are accepted only by e-mail : stipendien–at-dhi-moskau.org