Fulbright is offering scholarships for Indonesian students to study in the USA. These scholarships are available to undertake graduate degree or advanced research at a US university in a variety of fields.
The American Indonesian Exchange Foundation (AMINEF), established in 1992, is a bi-national non-profit foundation that administers the Fulbright Program in Indonesia.
Applicants must be proficient in the English language.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for graduate studies, PhD studies or advanced research programmes.
Study Subject: Fulbright grants may be used for study or research in most disciplines and fields of study with the exception of medicine related to patient care or clinical patient contact. Proposals in humanities, arts, and social sciences, and in science, technology, engineering, mathematics (STEM), and health are equally welcome. Particularly welcome are applications in STEM fields that focus on environmental preservation, alternative energy exploration, or climate change mitigation.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will provide the following benefits
- J-1 visa support
- Round-trip economy class air travel from scholarship recipient’s home city to the host institution in the US
- Funding for tuition and fees, living and related costs
- Accident and health insurance coverage per US Government guidelines
Support is not provided for accompanying dependents.
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
- Be an Indonesian citizen and not a permanent resident or citizen of the US, or be currently living in the US
- Possess leadership qualities and show experience in community service
- Have preparation in, and a demonstrated commitment to, her or his chosen field of study
- Have an outstanding academic record
- Demonstrate that she/he can realistically accomplish full-time graduate study or conduct research in the US
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to returning to Indonesia upon completion of the Fulbright scholarship program
- Be willing to work for his/her home institution for at least five years before retirement upon the completion of the scholarship program
Nationality: Indonesian students can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must hold a Bachelor (S1) degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (4.00 scale).
Test Requirement: At the time of application to AMINEF only a TOEFL Institutional Testing Program (ITP) or IELTS score is required. If you are later selected for an award, you must then take the official TOEFL iBT (Internet-based TOEFL) test, the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) for all fields except law and business, or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) for business administration, finance, and accounting.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must be proficient in English.
How to Apply:
- Completed application form
- Copy of your most recent (less than two years old) TOEFL ITP or IELTS score
- Two or more letters of reference from your current employer
- Copy of academic transcript and diploma (in original language and in English translation)
- A copy of valid identity document (KTP or passport).
- Curriculum vitae
Application Deadline: The application deadline is February 15, 2017.