The Liceu Conservatory Foundation is offering Scholarships for Master Studies in Opera Performance. One scholarship will be awarded covering 100% of the full Master’s academic fees.
The Liceu Conservatory Foundation offers a scholarship program aimed to students of the Master in Opera Performance, with the objective of giving singers with outstanding talents the right support in order to develop their artistic skills to the highest level.
Upper Conservatory of Music of the Liceu is a music college in Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain. It was created in 1837 with the name Liceo Filo-dramático de Montesión. In 1847 the Institution inaugurated the opera house Gran Teatre del Liceu.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Opera Performance.
Scholarship Award: One Scholarship will be awarded covering 100% of the full Master’s academic fees.
Number of Scholarships: There is only one scholarship available.
Scholarship can be taken in Spain
- Candidates must be born on December 31, 1981.
- Candidates must have obtained a Degree in Music (either a Bachelor of Music, University Degree in Music or an equivalent official degree). Students who do not fulfil this requirement will not be awarded the Official Master’s Degree, they will be awarded instead of a certificate of advanced training and musical postgraduate studies.
- In case that selected candidates already enjoy another Scholarship for the same studies, they are required to communicate it to the Conservatory in order that their case may be assessed.
- The award of the Scholarship will become effective only when the awardee has passed the Master’s entrance examination and has enrolled in the Liceu Conservatory Master’s program.
Nationality: Spanish and international students are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
- For the Master, the candidate must be in possession of the Higher Grade or the Bachelor of Music or, in specific cases, possess a degree in another field and demonstrate a sufficient level for admission to the requested master.
- Those who do not have access to this requirement (absence of new Degree or Higher degree in music) can attend the training program to obtain a master’s or postgraduate qualification Liceu Conservatory.
- Candidates for Music Training courses don’t need to have formal qualifications.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: In order to access a Master, it is required to hold the title of Higher Degree in Music or equivalent degree from an institution of higher education.
How to Apply: When filling the application form, candidates must upload links to the following documentation:
- Curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter
- DNI Copy (Passport for non-Spanish citizens)
- Copy of the Bachelor’s Degree in Music Diploma o equivalent (if you have it).
Application Deadline: The application deadline is September 30, 2017.