Fatima Jinnah Women University is inviting applications for Pak-USAID Merit and Needs to be based Scholarship Program. The program is open to Pakistani students for pursuing undergraduate & graduate program in the following disciplines: Agricultural & Veterinary Sciences, Business Administration, Social Sciences, Engineering & Tech. and Medical.
The Pak-USAID Merit and Needs based Scholarship Program Phase-II is focused on providing opportunities for access to higher education especially to under privileged candidates who, despite possessing academic merit, are unable to finance their education. The scholarship is not restricted to tuition only but extends to accommodation and living expenses.
Fatima Jinnah Women University or FJWU is a public university located in the neighborhood of Mall road of Rawalpindi, Punjab, Pakistan. Regarded as the first women’s university in Pakistan, it is ranked at number 18 in general category of the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan rankings
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate & graduate program.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the following disciplines: Agricultural & Veterinary Sciences, Business Administration, Social Sciences, Engineering & Tech. and Medical.
Scholarship Award: Comprehensive scholarship offered under this program provides funds for the following expenses:
- Tuition Fee
- Other Academics Costs
Scholarship can be taken in: Pakistan
- The applicant must be a Pakistani/AJK National
- Financial assistance & scholarships are available for study at undergraduate & graduate level in the following disciplines at the selected 29 Pakistani universities and degree awarding institutions. Agricultural & Veterinary Sciences, Business Administration, Social Sciences, Engineering & Tech. and Medical
- Agricultural (incl. Veterinary Sciences and Bio Technology)
- Social Sciences includes (Defence & Diplomatic Studies, Economics, English, Urdu, Behavioral Sciences, Gender Studies Communication and Media studies)
- 50% Female Seats: Women’s participation in the education sector is very low. This activity will ensure that at least 50% of the awarded scholarships go to women, especially those coming from remote and vulnerable areas of Pakistan, who are financially needy, and meet admission criteria of the selected 29 partner universities
Nationality: Pakistani/AJK Nationals can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
- 1st division for Software Engineering and Electronic Engineering Departments
- 2nd Division (in the last certificate/degree obtained) for all other disciplines.
- Score of 40 in NAT-I for Bachelors and NAT-II for Masters (National Aptitude Test is treated as Entry Test)
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online. Required Documents:
- Attested photocopies of following documents are required for applying admission to Masters Program:
- Matriculation Certificate
- A./F.Sc. Mark Sheet Part-I
- A./F.Sc. Mark Sheet Part-II
- BA, BSc, BE or equivalent Mark Sheet
- NAT-II Result
- ID Card/Form B
- Three 1×1 inches photographs
- Character Certificate (from the last institution attended)
- Original affidavit on a stamp paper of Rs. 50/-
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 31st October 2016.