The Government of the Punjab, Pakistan is offering fully-funded PhD Scholarships for Pakistani Students. These scholarships will be awarded to study at the top ranked educational institutions of the world.
Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarship (SSMS) is a revolutionary step of Govt. of the Punjab which will enable the youth to study at the top ranked educational institutions of the world and play their role in strengthening & uplifting the economy of Pakistan.
The scholarship scheme focuses the meritorious students of Punjab while allocating a special quota for the students of other federating units of Pakistan as well.
Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
- Application Deadline: March 29, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are offered for PhD level education at the top-ranked universities in the world.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are offered in the field of Engineering & Technology, Life Sciences & Medicine, Natural Sciences and Social Sciences & Humanities/Arts.
- Scholarship Award: PhD Scholarships awarded under SSMS are fully funded and will cover the following costs:
- Tuition fees of the Degree Course
- Boarding and Lodging (as per approved rates)
- Health Insurance
- Number of Scholarships: Not known
- Nationality: Students from Pakistan
- Scholarship can be taken in Pakistan
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Students from Pakistan can apply for PhD scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: Students fulfilling the following criterion shall be eligible to apply for SSMS
- Valid PhD admission offer from one of the Top 50 (Subject Wise) Universities of the World (QS ranking) in preferred subject areas (www.peef.org.pk/ssms.html)
- Not less than 60% marks throughout the academic career.
- Declared monthly family income (including self, spouse and parents) is equal to or less than PKR. 200,000/-
- Maximum age of 35 years on 29th March, 2018
- Not availed any foreign scholarship in the past .
- Must take up the scholarship in the year for which it is offered and the scholarship shall not be deferred to the next year.
- All Pakistani nationals, both males and females are eligible to apply.
- English Language Requirements: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
How to Apply: The required components for complete application packet are as follows:-
- Copy of valid admission offer for PhD for fall 2018 intake.
- Attested copy of CNIC.
- Copy of Passport.
- Attested copies of all educational testimonials.
- Copy of Synopsis/ Research Proposal.
- Income affidavit on legal paper (sample attached with application form).
- Copy of last paid utility bills (electricity, gas, phone).
- Attested copy of domicile.
- Copy of previous months’ pay slips (self/parents/guardian if applicable).
- Three passport size photographs (blue background).
- Any other supporting document required to substantiate the facts given in the application form.