The Embassy of France is offering 2 years scholarships for students applying for a Master degree in France as well as PhD scholarships for 3 months year on a 3 consecutive year period.
The scholarships are intended to give an opportunity to Tanzanian students to undertake specific courses of study related to their future professional activities in order to build capacity in Tanzanian organisations and add to the potential of Tanzanian learning institutions.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing master and PhD programme.
Study Subject: The following sectors of study will be prioritised in the selection process: Aeronautics, Digital (Information and Communication Technologies…) and Governance (Security, Peace…).
Scholarship Award: The scholarship includes:
- International airfare between Tanzania and France, and travel costs in France
- Registration and tuition fees
- An allowance per month (rent not included)
- Social welfare, and repatriation insurance
- Support to pay for accommodation
Scholarship can be taken in France
Nationality: The candidate must be a Tanzanian national
Age: The candidate must be, on January, 1st 2017, less than 35 years old
Masters and PhD only: Only candidates for a Masters or a PhD can apply
Nationality: Students from Tanzania are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: To study in a field taught in French, a good level of French (B2) is required. To study in a field taught in English, an excellent level in English is required. In that case, the candidate does not need to speak French fluently.
How to Apply: The applications have to be sent by email. All applications will have to include the following documents:
- The completed application form
- Reference letters
- Scan of the degree certificates specifying grades
- Scan of the passport or of a travel document
- An electronic version of an ID picture
- Copy of written exchanges with universities (proof of admission)
- For degrees taught in French: certification justifying at least a B2 level in French
- For PhD candidates one page on their subject of study and the thesis project accepted and signed by thesis director
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 28, 2017.