The Queen Mary University of London will be awarding one Excellence Scholarship in 2017-18 for students pursuing BA in English, BA in Drama or BA in English and Drama.
University facilitates world-leading research across all academic schools and departments, with an impressive track record of initiating exciting and innovative interdisciplinary collaborations.
Queen Mary University of London is a public research university in London, England and a constituent college of the federal University of London. It dates back to the foundation of London Hospital Medical College in 1785.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate programme.
Study Subject: Undergraduate Scholarships are awarded within the School of English and Drama as well as Postgraduate scholarships are awarded in Theatre and Performance or our MA in English Studies (any of the seven pathways) or our MA in Poetry.
Scholarship Award: The Scholarship will cover 50% of the course fees (for the standard duration of the course) and will go to an International student (paying overseas fees).
Number of Scholarships: One undergraduate and two postgraduate scholarships will be awarded.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship.
School of English and Drama Undergraduate Excellence Scholarship 2017-18
- You will be eligible if you are an international student who firmly accepts our offer to study on one of the three participating degree programmes (BA in English, BA in Drama, BA in English and Drama). If you’re eligible you’ll be invited to submit a short piece of writing. You would be expected to maintain an average of 68% or above to retain the scholarship.
School of English and Drama Postgraduate Excellence Scholarships 2017-18
In order to be selected by our panel to receive the award:
- You should have an excellent academic track record. We would usually expect you to achieve, or be expected to achieve, the equivalent of a British 1st Class Honours Degree.
- You must meet the conditions of your offer.
- You must not be in receipt of any other QMUL scholarship or full fee scholarship from any other source. If you are in receipt of another QMUL Scholarship, e.g. the Alumni Loyalty Award, you will be awarded only one Scholarship, whichever has the greater value.
Please note that:
- Scholarships are not payable directly to you but are offset against your student fee invoice.
- Awards cannot be deferred to subsequent years.
Nationality: Home/EU and International students are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: For Undergraduate Scholarships: You will be eligible if you are an international student who firmly accepts our offer to study on one of the three participating degree programmes.
For Postgraduate Scholarships: Students would usually expect you to achieve, or be expected to achieve, the equivalent of a British 1st Class Honours Degree.
English language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply:
- When applicants firmly accept our offer of a place we’ll write to you with details of the writing task.
- School of English and Drama Postgraduate Excellence Scholarships 2017-18
- Simply apply to study full-time on our MA in Theatre and Performance or our MA in English Studies (any of the seven pathways) or our MA in Poetry before programme through our online portal before Thursday 1 June 2017. Scholarships are not available for part-time study.
Application Deadline: Application deadlines for the undergraduate scholarship are July 10, 2017, and for the postgraduate scholarship is June 1, 2017.