The Simons Foundation is delighted to offer Postdoctoral Fellowships in Marine Microbial Ecology for the year 2017. Citizens from any country are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
The Simons Foundation seeks to create strong collaborations and foster cross-pollination of ideas between investigators, as these interactions often lead to unexpected breakthroughs and new understanding.
The Simons Foundation’s mission is to advance the frontiers of research in mathematics and the basic sciences. The Simons Foundation at its core exists to support basic — or discovery-driven — scientific research, undertaken in pursuit of understanding the phenomena of our world.
Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue postdoctoral programme.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in Marine Microbial Ecology.
Scholarship Award: The award is for three years, contingent upon satisfactory annual progress reports, and will include an annual stipend of $62,000, an annual allowance of up to $10,000 for health insurance for the fellow and family and an annual research allowance of $10,000 for the fellow. Any unexpended health insurance funds must be returned to the Simons Foundation. The research allowance may be used for research supplies, small equipment (including computers), attendance at scientific meetings and other research-related travel. Up to $2,000 of the research allowance may be used for relocation of the fellow and family to the host institution. Relocation costs must be in accordance with the policies of the host institution. Payment cannot be made directly to fellows. No indirect or overhead costs may be charged.
Number of Scholarships: The foundation anticipates awarding five fellowships in 2017.
Scholarship can be taken in USA
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
Applicants must have received their Ph.D. or equivalent degree within two years of the fellowship’s start date. Preference will be for applicants with no more than one year of postdoctoral experience. Applicants may be citizens of any country. Awards can only be issued to nonprofit research universities or research institutions in the U.S.
Nationality: Citizens from any country are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have received their Ph.D. or equivalent degree within two years of the fellowship’s start date.
English language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: All proposals must be completed electronically and submitted using forms provided at proposalCENTRAL. To submit your proposal:
- Log in to proposalCENTRAL using your username and password. If you are a new user, click on the create one now button under application login. Your registered email also works as your username. If you forgot your log-in information, you can retrieve your username and password from proposalCENTRAL by clicking the forgot your username/password? link under application login.
- To apply, after you log in, select the gray grant opportunities tab on the right side of the page and scroll down to the Simons Foundation section. Then click on apply now in the life sciences – simons postdoctoral fellowships in marine microbial ecology row. For assistance with proposalCENTRAL, please call 800-875-2562 or emailpcsupport-at-altum.com.
Applications must include:
- Short summary of prior research experience and a personal autobiographical statement (two pages)
- Brief research proposal with title (two to three pages, plus references and one page for figures)
- Biosketches of the applicant and sponsor, including publications
- Technical abstract
- Letters of recommendation from applicant’s thesis advisor and two additional research scientists, and letter of support from the postdoctoral research sponsor, who must acknowledge acceptance of the applicant to his or her laboratory. Confidential letters must be submitted through proposalCENTRAL (see instructions) by June 15, 2017.
- Budget (three years)
- Brief budget justification
- Renewable reagents and data-sharing plan
- Signed signature page with institutional approval to document the commitment from the fellow’s institution(s) to administer the fellowship
Application Deadline: Fellowship application deadline is June 15, 2017.