KTH Royal Institute of Technology is inviting applications for KTH-CSC PhD Scholarships for Chinese Students. Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD (including guest doctoral study positions) programs.
The scholarships available are aimed at degree-seeking PhD students (50), guest doctoral students (20) postdocs (10) and visiting scholars (5).
KTH Royal Institute of Technology is a university in Stockholm, Sweden. KTH was founded in 1827 as Sweden’s first polytechnic and is one of the Scandinavia’s largest institutions of higher education in technology.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate proficiency in English by means of an internationally recognized test, e.g. TOEFL, IELTS or equivalent.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD (including guest doctoral study positions) programs.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship can be taken in the Sweden
Eligibility: Students eligible for doctoral education must meet the following general admission requirements
- a degree at the advanced (master’s) level, or
- at least four years of previous university studies (240 credits/ECTS), of which at least one year (60 credits/ECTS) must be at the advanced (master’s) level
Nationality: Chinese students are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
General entry requirements
The general entry requirements are met by those who have:
- a degree at the advanced level (master’s/second cycle), or
- fulfilled course requirements corresponding to at least 240 credits, of which a minimum of 60 credits are at the advanced level (master’s/second cycle) or
- otherwise acquired largely equivalent knowledge
KTH may exempt an individual applicant from the general entry requirements if there is an extraordinary reason to do so.
Special entry requirements
The special requirements may relate to:
- knowledge from higher education or equivalent studies
- special professional or vocational experience
- necessary language skills or other conditions determined by the programme, subject or project
More about the admission requirements
Test Requirement: To apply for the scholarship applicants must have IELTS (Academic) 6.5 overall (no subscore below 5.5) or TOEFL (iBT) 90 (written, minimum 20).
English Language Requirement: Students should have the necessary skills in English to enable them to follow courses, cope with compulsory literature, manage everyday communication within the working environment and defend a thesis in English. Requirements regarding skills in the Swedish language may also be imposed.
How to Apply: In order to apply for a PhD, guest doctoral study
- Make an online application via the web-based application form:
On-line application form
- Collect the required documents according to the checklist in the application form.
- Send the complete application documents to the address stated at the bottom of the application form.
Download, fill out, print and sign the following application form:
Application Deadline: The application deadline is January 8th, 2017.