Kochi University of Technology offers special scholarship program for international students to pursue doctoral degree within the department of Engineering at Graduate School of Engineering.
The scholarship is awarded for one year but the term will be extended for increments of one year up to a total of three years, unless the university terminates the SSP student status for any of the reasons stated.
Kochi University of Technology (KUT), established in 1997, was originally a private university. Founded by the Kochi prefectural government, KUT ambitiously set its sights in becoming a world class university through the pursuit of unique excellence.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing the doctoral degree program.
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are awarded in the Department of Engineering at Graduate School of Engineering.
- Exemption from 30,000 yen entrance fee, 300,000 yen enrollment fee and 535,800 yen/year tuition fee.
- To support living expenses, 150,000 yen/month is paid for research project work.
- 150,000 yen is provided for travel and initial living costs (given only to foreign students who are living outside Japan, and who have, or have the intention to acquire, “Student” status of Japanese residence at the time of entry into Japan)
Scholarship can be taken in Japan
Eligibility: Candidates must meet all of the following requirements to be considered eligible for the Programme:
- To hold a degree from an accredited institution comparable to the master’s degree offered at KUT after 18 years of education, or to be scheduled to acquire such a degree before the KUT enrollment date.
- To be 35 years old or under at the time of enrollment.
- To have an excellent academic record and strong bachelor’s and master’s degrees from reputable universities.
- To have the intention, adequate knowledge and research skill to work in one of the designated research projects.
- To have high English proficiency.
Nationality: International students can apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply:
(1) Choose a research project from the SSP Research Project List.
(2) Complete and submit all required documents by post.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is September 15, 2017 for January 2018 intake.