The Computer Science Department at ETH Zurich is proud to offer Student Summer Research Fellowship for students from around the world. Fellowships will be competitively awarded every year to a number of applicants with excellent track records and an interest in research.
ETH Zurich is a science, technology, engineering and mathematics university in the city of Zürich, Switzerland.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Course Level: This is a Student Summer Research Fellowship programme. The program will take place from 1 July to 31 August 2018.
Study Subject: The program is committed to increasing diversity in the computer science area. Research opportunities are available in the following areas:
- Algorithms and theory
- Computer systems
- Human-computer-interaction and cyber-physical systems
- Information and system security
- Machine learning
- Information and system security
- Programming languages and software engineering
- Visual Computing
Scholarship Award: Fellows at ETH Zurich will receive a monthly stipend of about CHF1.750 to cover housing and living expenses. Travel and visa expenses will be covered. Students can claim the travel costs against receipts at the beginning of the program.
Number of Scholarships: Number of scholarship is not given.
Scholarship can be taken in the Switzerland
Eligibility: The Student Summer Research Fellowship program is open to all students who are:
- At the beginning and for the duration of the program, at most one year away from completion of their Bachelor’s program or are registered in a Master’s program. Expected graduation date: January 2019 or later.
- At the beginning and for the duration of the program, enrolled in a regular study program in computer science or a closely related field of study (e.g. electrical engineering, mathematics, physics)
- In addition, please note that the duration of the fellowship covers the full two months of July and August. No exams and no travels outside the program.
Nationality: Applications for the programme are open to students across the globe.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: At the beginning and for the duration of the program, at most one year away from completion of their Bachelor’s program or are registered in a Master’s program.
English Language Requirements: Formal evidence is not required. You will need a good working knowledge of English in order to participate fully. Your language ability may be assessed during the interview.
How to Apply: Apply online
- Please read the information on this page carefully and prepare all required documents before submitting your application online.
- First, you need to register with SiROP (press CTRL+click to open in a new window)
- To register search for your home university in the list provided or create an account using an email address.
- After completing your SiROP registration, click the online application link below where you will find the «Apply now» button at the bottom of the linked SiROP page.
After clicking the «Apply now» button on the linked SiROP page you will be asked to fill in personal data and upload several documents:
- Your CV. You may use any CV format you wish. If you feel uncertain, please feel free to use the Europass format.
- Official academic transcript from your home university.
- Letter of motivation/personal statement (max 1 page). Describe in your own words why you have chosen your proposed scientific area of research. Explain what you hope to accomplish by coming to ETH and how it will support your academic or professional goals and prepare you for a career in research. A good personal statement can be written in half a page and you should aim not to write more than a full A4 page. Lay it out carefully to make it easy to read.
- A letter of recommendation by an academic referee. The referee can sign the recommendation, scan the letter and mail it directly to: SSR_Fellowship-at-inf.ethz.ch. Note that the reference letter needs to be sent by the referee to the e-mail address, not by the applicant himself/herself. Please indicate in the subject line “reference letter for first name and surname of student”. The deadline for reference letters is 15 February 2018 (12:00 p.m.).
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is December 31, 2017.