The United States Embassy Khartoum is pleased to announce the opening of the Sudan Fulbright Program for the 2018 academic year. The programme is available to pursue a non-degree research program in the United States of up to 10 months.
The aim of the programme is to strengthen ties between US and Sudanese scholars.
The Fulbright Program is an American scholarship program of competitive, merit-based grants for international educational exchange for students,
Course Level: The programme is available to pursue a non-degree research programme.
Study Subject: The programme is awarded in the fields offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: This programme will award grants to Sudanese to pursue a non-degree research program in the United States of up to 10 months.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must be citizens or nationals of Sudan, or permanent residents holding a valid Sudanese passport.
- Have at least the equivalent of a 4 year U.S. bachelor’s degree.
- Have outstanding academic records, references and preparation in their chosen field
- Have high motivation and a serious commitment to completing the program within a specific time-frame and returning home immediately after the approved program.
- Must meet minimum score on required standardised tests (TOEFL 575/90 is desirable, 600/100 is preferable)
- Nominees with no extensive or recent U.S. experience will be given preference
- Cannot have received more than one Fulbright Program grant. This applies to Humphrey Scholar alumni.
- Local employees of U.S. missions abroad employed by the State Department are ineligible for grants during the period of their employment and for one year after the end of employment.
Nationality: Sudanese applicants can apply for the programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have bachelor’s degree
English Language Requirement: Applicants must have sufficient level of English proficiency to engage in full-time graduate level study in the U.S.A.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online mode.
- Copies of certificates, transcripts and letters of recommendation should be uploaded onto each applicant’s online application. Applicants are free to attached score reports, such as TOEFL and GRE, if they have them.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is August 1, 2017.