The University of Auckland is pleased to offer Summer Research Scholarships to conduct a research project under supervision for 10 weeks over the summer months. Domestic and international students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
The aim of the scholarship is to provide financial help to Domestic and international students.
The University of Auckland is the highest ranked New Zealand University in the main world university rankings. The University of Auckland has been ranked internationally as New Zealand’s leading university for Graduate Employability.
Course Level: This is a summer research scholarship 10 weeks long between December 2017 and February 2018. Your actual starting and finishing dates must be agreed by the project supervisor.
Study Subject: Scholarship is available for following research projects:
- Auckland Bioengineering Institute
- Creative Arts and Industries
- Education and Social Work
- Medical and Health Sciences
Scholarship Award: Benefits
- $6,000 tax-free stipend.
- Get a taste of postgraduate research and help you think about pursuing postgraduate study.
- If you are new to the University of Auckland or New Zealand, you can experience studying here and living in Auckland.
- Improve your career opportunities. In some cases the scholarships lead to a career in research.
- Develop research networks and collaborate with leading researchers.
- Some summer scholars co-author presentations at international conferences and academic journal articles.
- Exposure to authentic case studies.
- Participate in project meetings.
- Practice data collection, analysis, literature reviews, interviewing techniques and mind mapping.
- Learn to use specialised software.
- Acquire specialist laboratory and presentation skills.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in New Zealand
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
The scholarship is open to high-achieving domestic and international students who are enrolled in a New Zealand or international university and have the potential to succeed in postgraduate study.
Nationality: Domestic and international students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language, you will need to meet the English-language proficiency requirements for postgraduate study at the University. English language requirements
How to Apply: Application process:
- You can apply online or use the paper form.
- For information on how much you need to pay, and where to send your paper application if you are not applying online see Immigration New Zealand’s Office and fees finder
- When you submit your application you should include a copy of your letter from the University of Auckland confirming your admission to the Summer Research Scholarship Programme, along with any other supporting documents necessary to demonstrate that you meet student visa requirements.
Application Deadline: Applications close on July 30, 2017.