The University of Surrey is pleased to announce the call for the international scholarship to pursue master’s degree in Engineering and Physical Sciences. These scholarships are exclusively open for overseas applicants.
The aim of the scholarships is to encourage international students to obtain a higher degree in the field of Engineering and Physical Sciences.
The University of Surrey is a public research university located in the county town of Guildford, Surrey, in the South East of England, United Kingdom. The university specialises in science, engineering, medicine and business.
- Application deadline: Applications are open for 2018 entry.
- Course Level: The scholarship is available to pursue the master degree.
- Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in the field of Engineering and Physical Sciences.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover £2,500 – £5,000.
- Nationality: International
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet following criteria:
- An offer holder for a full-time programme in one of the above departments.
- Achieve either a 2:1 or a 1st class honours degree or equivalent
- Apply for their chosen programme within the permitted timeframe and confirm their wish to study by paying the required deposit in advance of the deadline
- Be an overseas fee-paying student (this scholarship is not available for students eligible for home/EU fees)
- Be self-funded (you must be paying for your studies independently rather than being sponsored or in receipt of another scholarship, whether that be an external scholarship or any other university-funded scholarship)
- Meet all the conditions of your offer
- English Language Requirements: The following qualifications are accepted by the University as evidence that you meet our minimum level of competence in English:
- GCSE English Language grade C or Grade 4, or above
- Country equivalencies for GCSE English Language grade C/4 as defined on the Qualification Database
- iGCSE English as a First Language grade C, Second Language grade B, in all four elements
- International Baccalaureate English grade 4 at either standard or higher level where the IB meets the normal, academic, entrance requirements
- AS Level in English Language or English Literature
- A level in English Language or English Literature
- European Baccalaureate English 6 (Language 1/2) or 7 (Language 3)
- Successful completion of a University of Surrey Pre-sessional English Language programme immediately preceding the main degree programme
- Pearsons Test of English – the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course
- IELTS (Academic) – the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course
- TOEFL (ibt)- the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English (ISE) – the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English
There is no formal application for this scholarship. All eligible offer holders that comply with the above-mentioned criteria will be considered, and all qualifying offer holders will be notified by email.
How to Apply:
- Scanned copies of signed/stamped qualifications (certificates or transcripts) to show how you meet, or expect to meet, the entry requirements
- Evidence of English language level (if English is not your first language)
- A copy of your passport (if you need a visa to study here)
- A personal statement (for non-research programmes)
- A research proposal (for research programmes only)
- Contact details of two referees