Applicants are invited for Symantec Research Labs Graduate Fellowship to pursue innovative research that has real-world value, in areas where Symantec conducts business. The fellowship is available for USA, Ireland and France applicants.
The aim of the fellowship provides up to $20,000 USD that may be used to cover one year of the student’s tuition fees and to reimburse expenses incurred by the student to engage in the research collaboration with Symantec, such as conference registration fees, travel expenses, hardware, etc.
Symantec Corporation (commonly known as Symantec) is an American software company headquartered in Mountain View, California, United States. The company produces software for security, storage, backup and availability – and offers professional services to support its software.
Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue research programme.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of Security and Privacy, Network and Systems, Machine learning and data mining, Human-Computer Interaction.
Scholarship Award: Fellowship will cover the following:
- The SRL Graduate Fellowship provides up to $20,000 USD that may be used to cover one year of the student’s tuition fees and to reimburse expenses incurred by the student to engage in the research collaboration with Symantec, such as conference registration fees, travel expenses, hardware, etc. If the fellowship is to cover tuition, this portion of the award will be made through the university.
Number of Scholarships: Number of scholarship is not given.
Scholarship can be taken in USA, Ireland and France
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Applying students must be enrolled in a PhD program.
- Preference will be given to students with a desire to work in an industrial research lab and those working on innovative research projects in areas related to Symantec’s businesses such as host-based and network security, cloud computing, virtualization, machine learning, data mining, etc.
- Recipients will also be selected based on their overall potential for research excellence and their academic progress to date as evidenced by publications.
Nationality: Applicants from USA, Ireland and France are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be enrolled in a Ph.D. program.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have excellent written and verbal English skills.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply through both email and post:
- Application materials must include the following:
- Resume or C.V.
- Personal statement of research interests not to exceed 500 words. Applicants are strongly encouraged to articulate the value and novelty of their research.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or industry researchers who can evaluate the applicant’s scientific aptitude and potential for research. Letters of recommendation may be sent separately and confidentially.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is December 1, 2017.