The University of Limerick is offering Faculty of Science and Engineering Taught Postgraduate Programme Scholarships commencing in AY2017/2018. The successful candidates will receive the scholarship in the form of a reduced fee paid directly to the fees office.
The University of Limerick (UL) (Irish: Ollscoil Luimnigh) is a university in the city of Limerick, Ireland. It was established in 1972 as the National Institute for Higher Education, Limerick and became a university by statute in 1989 in accordance with the University of Limerick Act 1989. The University of Limerick is a distinctive, pioneering and connected university that shapes the future through educating and empowering people to.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue taught postgraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in Science and Engineering.
Scholarship Award: A fee waiver scholarship to the value of €2,000 will be awarded to ten EU students undertaking a taught postgraduate programme in Science and Engineering commencing in AY2017/2018.
Number of Scholarships: Ten scholarships are awarded.
Scholarship can be taken in Ireland
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Applicants must have a
- First class honours primary degree (1.1) (Level 8 – NQAI or equivalent) or
- Second Class Honours Grade1 (2h1) primary degree (Level 8 – NQAI or equivalent)
Applicants must also
Satisfy the entry requirements for the University of Limerick taught postgraduate programme they intend to undertake.
The scholarships are not open to those who have already commenced a Masters programme. Applicants for Research Masters programmes are not eligible. Students interested in research programmes should consult the UL web page www.ul.ie for information on research scholarships.
Nationality: Applicants from EU countries:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have first class honours primary degree (1.1) (Level 8 – NQAI or equivalent)
English language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English must provide evidence of either prior successful completion of a degree qualification taught through the medium of English or meet one of the criteria below (no longer than two years prior to application):
Acceptable English Language qualifications include the following:
- Matriculation examinations from European countries where English is presented as a subject and an acceptable level is achieved
- Irish Leaving Certificate English –Ordinary Level Grade D or above
- TOEFL – 580 (paper based) or 90 (internet based)
- IELTS – Minimum score of 6.5 with no less than 6 in any one component.
- English Test for English and Academic Purposes (ETAPP) – Grade C1
- GCE ‘O’ level English Language/GCSE English Language – Grade C or above
- University of Cambridge ESOL –Certificate of Proficiency in English – Grade C / Certificate in Advanced English – Grade A
- GCE Examination Boards – Oxford Delegacy of Local Examinations – Grade C / Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate – School Certificate Pass 1-6 / University of London Entrance and School Examinations Council – School Certificate Pass 1-6
How to Apply: Scholarship Application Process
- The application should be submitted online by June 16, 2017.
- Have applied online at www.ul.ie for a taught postgraduate programme including primary degree award and transcript by 16th June 2017. (Applicants who have not yet received their final degree transcript must upload their most up-to-date transcript).
- The successful applicants will be notified in late June and details will also be posted to the Graduate School website. The applicant will not receive a payment from the University of Limerick. The scholarship will be deducted from the course fee at the start of Autumn semester.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is June 16, 2017.