TechWomen is inviting applications for emerging women leaders to study five weeks from September – October 2017. Applicants must have two years full-time professional experience in the STEM fields (science, technology, engineering and math) is eligible to apply.
The mission of TechWomen is to empower, connect, and support the next generation of women leaders in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) by providing them access and opportunity to advance their careers, pursue their dreams, and become role models for women and girls in their communities.
It provides round-trip international airfare from participant home country to the United States as well as meal stipend and housing. Applications are reviewed by independent selection committees composed of industry leaders and regional experts. The application deadline is February 1, 2016.
Course Level: The five weeks program provides access and opportunities to advance applicants’ careers.
Study Subject(s): TechWomen empowers, connects, and supports the next generation of women leaders in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
Scholarship Award: The following costs are covered by the TechWomen program: Roundtrip international airfare from participant home country to the United States:
- Roundtrip international airfare from participant home country to the United States
- Domestic airfare from San Francisco to Washington, D.C.
- Housing in San Francisco or Mountain View, California during the mentorship
- Meals and incidentals
- Hotel stay in Washington, D.C.
- Ground transportation to the participant’s host company
- Local transportation to group program events in the San Francisco Bay Area and Washington, D.C.
- Participants are responsible for the cost of any non program activities such as independent sightseeing and cultural events, as well as any non program-related domestic or international travel.
- Meal Stipend
- The TechWomen program provides a stipend for each participant to cover meals during the program.
- TechWomen participants will be housed in San Francisco or Mountain View, California, depending on the location of the participant’s host company. Participants will share an apartment with a fellow Emerging Leader. Each participant will have her own private bedroom, while the living room and kitchen will be shared.
- The TechWomen program is unable to accommodate participants’ spouses, children, or other dependents.
- Please note that details are subject to change. Due to the fast-paced nature of the program, arrival and departure dates for selected participants are not flexible.
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: TechWomen Eligibility Requirements:
- Be women with, at minimum, two years full-time professional experience in the STEM fields (science, technology, engineering and math)
- Have, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree/four year university degree or equivalent
- Be proficient in written and spoken English
- Be citizens and permanent residents of Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, the Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan or Zimbabwe at the time of application and while participating in the program.
- Be eligible to obtain a U.S. J-1 exchange visitor visa
- Not have applied for an immigrant visa to the United States, or participated in a visa lottery in the past five years
- Not hold U.S. Citizenship or be a U.S. legal permanent resident.
Preference will be given to applicants who
- Demonstrate themselves as emerging leaders in their chosen professional track through their work experience, volunteer experience, community activities, and education
- Are committed to return to their home countries to share what they have learned and mentor women and girls
- Have limited or no prior experience in the United States
- Have a proven record of voluntary or public service in their communities
- Have a demonstrated track record of entrepreneurialism and commitment to innovation
- Demonstrate a willingness to participate in exchange programs, welcome opportunities for mentoring and new partnership development, and exhibit confidence and maturity.
Nationality: Applicants from Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, the Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan or Zimbabwe are eligible to apply for this programme.
College Admission Requirement: Applicants must have minimum, a bachelor’s degree/four year university degree or equivalent.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is January 17, 2017.