The Tempus Public Foundation is calling applications for foreigners to apply for Hungarian State Scholarships to conduct research in the academic year 2018/2019.
The Tempus Public Foundation offers scholarships for foreign higher education graduates, lecturers and researchers who would like to gain further knowledge in Hungarian higher education institutions, research or art institute.
Tempus Public Foundation (TPF) is a non-profit organization established in 1996 by the Hungarian Government, with the task of managing international cooperation programmes and special projects in the field of education, training, and EU-related issues.
- Application Deadline: January 30, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue research.
- Study Subject: Scholarships offered by Tempus Public Foundation allow for studies in any field of arts or sciences at an accredited Hungarian higher education institution, or for research at a relevant Hungarian organization based on an acceptance letter.
- Scholarship Award: Scholarships are paid by Tempus Public Foundation to the scholarship holders
- Postgraduate applicants: Stipend: 80 000 HUF/month, Accommodation allowance: 70 000 HUF/month
- Postdoctoral applicants: Stipend: 120 000 HUF/month, Accommodation allowance: 80 000 HUF/month
- Nationality: Foreign students are eligible to apply.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in Hungary (Hungarian higher education institutions or other organizations)
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to foreign students. Thus, applications may be submitted in the following two ways:
1) As a nominee of the sending country’s national scholarship organisation, based on the bilateral agreement of the two countries (independently from the applicant’s nationality): Argentina, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Republic of China, Croatia, Czech Republic, France, India, Latvia, Lebanon, Mexico, Mongolia, Morocco, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine, Vietnam
2) Independently from the sending country’s national scholarship organisation, the citizens of the following countries may apply: Albania, Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Croatia, , Cyprus Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korean Republic, Kuwait, Lebanon, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, Mongolia, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, , Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, UK, USA, Vietnam.
- For short-term research (3-29 days) applicants holding at least a master’s degree may apply.
- For long-term research (1-10 months) applicants holding at least a master’s degree may apply. (Doctoral students may not apply; they may apply for Partial studies.)
Cases of Non-Eligibility
- Foreign citizens with an immigration/ settlement permit or in the course of applying for such a permit in Hungary, or dual citizens
- Foreign citizens with permanent residence in Hungary
- Foreign citizens employed on a permanent basis as defined by the Hungarian Labour Law
- Students in employment applying for part-time or correspondence study programmes
Age Limit for Applicants
For all types of state scholarships, applicants must be over 18 at the time of submitting the application. There is no age limit.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Applicants should submit their applications in the online application system of Tempus Public Foundation. It can be reached and filled in Hungarian and in English. The language of the documents (e.g., highest degree, language exam, certificate of student status) to be uploaded in the online system can be Hungarian, English, French or German. If they are not written in either of these four languages, their official Hungarian or English translations must also be attached. Documents with the stamp and signature of the issuing institution on letterhead can be considered as official, there is no need to have it translated by a translator office.
- Application form of Tempus Public Foundation (downloadable from the online system). After signing and dating the document, it shall be uploaded scanned.
- No more than a 3-month-old medical certificate issued by a GP of satisfactory health condition for studies (no contagious disease) (original copy and its certified Hungarian or English translation). No template available.
- Copy of the picture page of ID card or passport.
- Precise and detailed work plan – minimum 1- maximum 5-pages long (according to the work plan template)
- Complete professional CV in Hungarian or English – attached as a file
- Copy of highest degree/diploma (original copy and its certified Hungarian or English translation)
- Proof of proficiency in the language that is required for the research programme (at least a B2-level language exam certificate, or a certificate (in Hungarian or English) issued by the sending workplace/institution, Lectorate, or an official certificate by the Hungarian host institution on the basis of previous cooperation). In case the working language is not Hungarian, the host institution should declare it in writing (in the Invitation Letter).
- Publication list
- Letter of Invitation issued by the representative of a Hungarian higher education institution, research or art institute. The document must be with original signature, date, and stamp and/or on institutional letterhead.
- Two Letters of Recommendation from two recognized experts in the relevant discipline with original signature, date, stamp and/or on institutional letterhead. The signers of the Letters of Recommendations cannot be the same as of the Letter of Invitation