Scholarship for Secondary School in Kenya
Study Subject: Any
Employer: Jomo Kenyatta Foundation
Scholarship Description:The Board of Directors of The Jomo Kenyatta Foundation invites applications from qualified Form One Kenyan secondary school students for 2011 scholarships. The Scholarships are tenable in any duly registered Public Secondary School in Kenya.
Duration of Scholarship
The scholarship will initially benefit the successful applicant for a period of one academic year effective from the date of award. The Foundation’s Board will determine continued sponsorship for remaining academic period on the basis of the student’s academic performance, financial circumstances and discipline record. In aggregate, the sponsorship will last for a period of four years from the year of award or until the beneficiary ceases to be a student in a Public Secondary School whichever comes first.
To be eligible for the scholarship, Applicants MUST meet the following criteria. The applicant must:
* Be a Kenyan citizen
* Have sat K.C.P.E in the year 2010 and obtained at least 350 marks. Preference will be given to pupils from public primary schools.
* Be of good discipline and character as attested to by a letter from the Head teacher of the last primary school attended
* Be an orphan or a member of a family suffering extreme poverty.
* Have been admitted to Form I in a public secondary school.
To apply for this scholarship for secondary school students, follow the instructions below;
Fill and submit ‘The JKF Form one Scholarship application for the year 2011′ available on The Jomo Kenyatta Foundation website (www.jkf.co.ke) and in all District Education Offices countrywide.
The following supporting documents MUST be attached to the application form/letter;
* A certified copy of KCPE result slip
* A letter of recommendation from the head teacher of the Primary School last attended
* A copy of Form one-admission letter/joining instructions.
* Evidence of being an orphan where applicable.
Application Deadline: 31st January 2011.