The TUYF Charitable Trust Scholarship for NGO Goverance for Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies
Study Subject: NGO Goverance
Employer:The TUYF Charitable Trust
Level: undergraduate or postgraduate
Scholarship Description:The TUYF Charitable Trust invites applications for the Scholarship for the academic year 2011/2012. The Scholarship supports individuals who wish to pursue an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in Non-Government Organization (“NGO”) governance or related areas overseas. The purpose of the scholarship is to nurture future leaders and enhance governance of welfare NGOs. The Scholarship shall be awarded annually from the academic year 2011/2012. The regulations are as follows:
Number, Value and Duration of Award
1) There will be a maximum of 2 scholarships each year. The value of each award shall depend on the expenses involved in the countries in which the awardee will undertake his/her studies as overseas student to include tuition fees, field placement expenses, accommodation, living expenses and travel costs.
2) The duration of the award is linked to the course of study. Extensions are determined on a case-by-case basis.
3) The Funding Organization is under no obligation to make awards in any given year if no suitable candidates are found.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
1) All applicants have to be permanent residents of Hong Kong.
2) An undergraduate or postgraduate degree in social studies or relevant subjects, and at least one year of work experience in NGOs in HK
Fresh graduates who have possessed NGO work experience in HK prior to pursuing their degree
An individual with over 3 years of work experience in a management / leadership position in the NGOs in Hong Kong
3) All applicants should submit a study plan and a career plan after graduation. The Scholarship shall be awarded on the basis of academic excellence, relevant experience, the study and career plans, leadership potential, and other dimensions deemed appropriate by the Selection Committee.
4) The award is for Full Time study only.
5) Applicants must demonstrate commitment to the community.
6) The award is not exclusive of other financial or in-kind support. Awardees may accept remuneration for teaching/coaching, placements and summer employment.
7) Applicants must complete and pass IELTS proficiency test.
Scholarship Application Deadline: 20 May 2011