Applications are invited for Toyama International Student Prefectural Scholarship to study in Japan for the year 2018. The applicant must be of Indian nationality.
Toyama is the leading industrial prefecture on the Japan Sea coast and has the industrial advantage of cheap electricity from abundant hydroelectric resources. It also contains East Asia’s only known glaciers outside Russia, first recognized in 2012.
- Application Deadline: April 30, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to study and research in a graduate school program in Toyama Prefecture.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded to learn any of the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: Within the limits of the budget, the scholarship provides for the following expenses, from the day of arrival in Japan until the day of conclusion of studies.
(1) Scholarship Amount
Living expenses: 170,000 yen per month (rent expenses included). However, if the student leaves Japan for over 30 consecutive days or if the student fails to attend classes for a long period of time or otherwise takes a leave of absence from school, payment may be stopped during this interval.
(2) Travel Expenses
– Flight to and from Japan: The airplane ticket fare from the international airport closest to the student’s residence in India to an international airport in Japan in economy class, as well as the return travel expenses along the same path, are included.
– The cost of transportation from the international airport to Toyama as well as the return travel expenses along the same path is included.
(3) Tuition Fees: Entrance examination fees, Admission fees, Course fees and Insurances (National Health Care, Accident Insurance)
(4) Payment Period
The scholarship includes payment for the period of 6 months as a trainee student and the two years of study as a graduate student for a maximum of 2 years and 6 months. No extension will be accepted.
- Nationality: Indian students are eligible to apply.
- Number of Scholarships: There is 1 scholarship available for 1 participant.
- Scholarship can be taken in Japan
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: The applicant must be of Indian nationality, in principle reside in the State of Andhra Pradesh at the time of the application, and be willing to establish themselves in Andhra Pradesh after returning to India.
- Entrance Requirements: The applicant must meet one of the following requirements:
(1) Nationality and Place of Residence
The applicant must be of Indian nationality, in principle reside in the State of Andhra Pradesh at the time of the application, and be willing to establish themselves in Andhra Pradesh after returning to India.
The applicant must be born on or after April 2nd, 1983.
The applicant must meet one of the following requirements:
(a) Have graduated from a Japanese university
(b) Have completed, outside of Japan, 16 years of formal education. (This includes applicants planning on graduating in June 2018)
(c) Have completed, outside of Japan, 3 or more years of study/research, and have received a degree equivalent to bachelor’s degree (however some universities in Toyama may have an eligibility examination for acceptance)
See the attached document.
The applicant must be declared physically and mentally healthy as deemed by a physician on the attached medical certificate.
(6) Japanese Language Proficiency
No Japanese language proficiency required. However, the applicant must demonstrate an interest in learning Japanese, and by the time the applicant completes their master’s program, they must be able to make basic conversations in Japanese (a level equivalent to the Japanese Language Proficiency Test Level 2).
- English Language Requirements: No Japanese language proficiency required. However, the applicant must demonstrate an interest in learning Japanese, and by the time the applicant completes their master’s program, they must be able to make basic conversations in Japanese (a level equivalent to the Japanese Language Proficiency Test Level 2).
How to Apply: Submit your application by E-mail to the following address: koryu02-at-asp.pref.toyama.jp.
The applicant must submit a complete set of the following documents to the Toyama Prefecture International Affairs Division, before the determined deadline. No submitted documents will be returned.
(a) Application Form, with a picture attached (Form #1)
(b) Field of Study and Study Plan / Placement Preference Form (Form #2)
(c) Written Pledge (Form #3)
(d) Certificate of Health (Form #4)
(e) Statements of Purpose (Form #5)
(f) Transcript with Final Grades of All Graduated Universities
(g) Final Diploma of Graduated University or Certificate of Degree Completion (If not available at the time of application, can be substituted for official documents from the university proving the tentative graduation date)
(h) Letter of Recommendation from Graduated University’s Dean or Supervising Professor
(i) Graduation Thesis Outline (Only applicable to applicants that have written such a thesis)
(j) Academic Aptitude Certificate (Transcript of GPAT, GATE, or other academic aptitude tests results)
(k) Passport Copy